Protein bar

snnpamela
on 4/25/15 10:51 am
VSG on 03/13/15

Hi everyone!  I am looking for a low-calorie (100ish calories) protein bar for a snack.  Any recommendations?

Dan1962
on 4/25/15 11:00 am - Syracuse, NY
VSG on 09/23/14

Early on I looked for those too and everything I found had high carbs so I moved on.  My nutritionist really recommended against them also.

TallBadger2015
on 4/25/15 11:11 am

Most Quest Bars are 190 calories, 20g protein, 17g fiber, 1g of sugar, gluten free, and are pretty darn tasty.  Every NUT is either for or against protein bars, but I can usually have one as a meal as they are very filling and keep you satisfied for a while.  You can request a sample from the company, but it takes 2 months to get free samples from them.  Depending on your area, they are available at GNC and other health food stores.  Stay away from the Lemon Pie ones though, they are terrible.  My favorite is the choc chip cookie dough. 

Highest Recorded Weight: 454/Starting Weight:  433.7/Surgery Weight:  419/Current Weight:  353

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 4/25/15 11:20 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Hey I like the lemon pie ones! LOL I really like the white choc raspberry ones & now they have a new choc mint flavor one. I'm waiting for that in the mail. :)

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

TallBadger2015
on 4/25/15 11:28 am

I was so excited to see the Lemon Pie ones because I am a Lemon dessert fiend.  Maybe I got too excited about it and when it wasn't what I expected I just gave up on it.  I do like the white choc raspberry too, that was the first one I tried.  I just found out you can bake them too!  I cut mine into 4 squares and bake them on 350 for 8-10 minutes and they are like a warm cookie!! 

Highest Recorded Weight: 454/Starting Weight:  433.7/Surgery Weight:  419/Current Weight:  353

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 4/25/15 11:38 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

I really do like the Quest bars, I must've tried out every flavor & I still have a couple of boxes. I never did try the recipes, they look good too. I tried out the chips, not a big fan of those. I do like their protein drinks, especially the peanut butter flavored one. It's pretty thick, like a milkshake, it gives my Chike a run for its money! LOL

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

TallBadger2015
on 4/25/15 11:41 am

I'm with ya on the chips, the taste was okay, but the texture was weirrrrd. lol

Goose Bump
on 4/26/15 1:18 am

I am having a love affair with the white choc raspberry quest bars omg!!!!! 

The chips leave a weird after taste for me.

VSG on 6/25/14  HW:360 GW:170  33yo 5'8''

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 4/25/15 11:17 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

There is this brand called Chocolite protein. They're protein bars that has 95 calories, 9g of protein & 3 net carbs (4 sugar alcohols, 10g fiber) 3.5g fat. I bought it online either from Diet Direct, or My Bariatric pantry.

However they can be addictive & they won't fill you up, go for regular dense protein if you're looking for a snack, stuff like tuna packets or boiled eggs. I eat bars too either as a treat, or in a pinch to keep in my purse.

GooseGirl
on 4/25/15 12:34 pm
VSG on 10/30/14 with

I prefer the Quest protein bars. They are closer to 200 for a full bar but I can generally only eat half. My medical team is fine with them but I don't use them often. sometimes though, you need something when you are on the go and I can only eat so much beef jerky :)

Most Active