Extreme nausea since starting soft foods?

TanyaR
on 4/27/15 6:51 am

If there is one thing I hate it is nausea! I have only eaten eggs, beans, and mashed potatoes and I have been so nauseous! Is this a normal part of the process is my body just trying to adjust help me out here :(. 24 days post op. Tried soft foods since day 21.

Michele H.
on 4/27/15 6:54 am - NJ

You just might not be ready for soft foods even if your plan says to move to the next stage.  Go back to full liquids for a day or two....creamed soups, thin farina, Greek yogurt.  See if you feel better.

Michele

psychoticparrot
on 4/27/15 7:20 am

If the nausea persists even if you go back to liquids as Michele suggested (a good idea), call your surgeon and get a prescription for an anti-nausea med, like Zofran. If the nausea prevents you from getting enough liquids, you could find yourself in an ER for dehydration. Not a happy place to be. 

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

mickeymantle
on 4/27/15 7:46 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

eggs are a problem fr some people at first ,

try grilled tilopia some surgeons allow it on the pureed stage it is so soft , lots of protein , you can buy Gorden's grilled tilopia , in parchment bags and cook it in a toaster oven , 3-4 oz taste great easy to digest .lots of protien and it seems like real food

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Sandra F.
on 4/27/15 11:03 pm

I had a major issue with eggs and dairy at first.  I would say try different things and see if something else sits better.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 35 views