6 month pre op diet not going well

gwen41539
on 5/6/15 4:58 pm - kimper, KY

My 6 month pre op.diet hasn't been a great success I have lost some months then gained some back then lost some and back and forth for a total loss of about 22lbs I'm worried I still have to do my pre op and will loose some.there but I'm not doing good portion control is a problem for sure :/ 

HW 381/ pre op 345 /SW 312 Vsg 7/13/15 /CW 288

M1-24 lbs

movis
on 5/6/15 5:39 pm
VSG on 07/16/13

You are down 22 lbs!  That is great. Try to limit carbs and be kind to yourself. You are on a journey that will absolutely help with portion control. It helped me to envision shrinking my liver before surgery. 

Good luck!

Maureen

Movis   HW: 341,  Surgeon Consult: 333,  SW: 300,  CW: 195

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 5/6/15 5:43 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

The pre op diet is a pain in the ass! I only had to do it for 4 months & basically I could only concentrate on not gaining during that time & luckily I didn't have to lose a certain amount of weight b4 surgery to qualify.

All I can say is hang in there, practice a protein forward diet, track your food, cut out the refined carbs & maybe write in a journal or something if you feel like you're eating down your emotions & figure out ways not to do that, that's if you use food as an emotional crutch. Seek therapy/support like OA, it might help to hear it from people who has already been there to help you.

Good Luck on your upcoming surgery, hang tough, you can do this!

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Hislady
on 5/6/15 6:23 pm - Vancouver, WA

Unless they told you you had to lose a certain amount I wouldn't worry about it. Those diets are basically a joke, I used the time to practice how I would be eating post op and start journaling what and how much I ate oh and why I ate. Practice eating small bites and chewing well, eat slowly and stick to lots of protein. This is a good time to start weighing and measuring portions so you get used to what a more normal size looks like. Look at this as practice time and you'll be more ready after surgery.

gwen41539
on 5/7/15 3:38 am - kimper, KY

Thanks ladies my last visit is May 12th then it up for insurance approval the Dr said should sometime in June :) I have all my clearances just waiting for that last visit and then red tape lol I hate waiting 

HW 381/ pre op 345 /SW 312 Vsg 7/13/15 /CW 288

M1-24 lbs

Martinidale
on 5/7/15 6:56 am

You are getting the surgery to help your health.  Why not consider the pre-op diet as the first comitted step.    Portion control is HUGE in post-OP.  By practicing it now, you are so much closer to you overall goal.       Hope this helps, sometimes changing your thought process can change your mind.

Aztina
on 4/21/18 10:40 am

I just switched insurance companies so I am I can get my surgery so I'm waiting for my first appointment I'm just finding out that the six-month the diet thing is it hard to do ?

Most Active