Thrush

J. Whitney
on 5/24/15 5:47 am
VSG on 03/17/15

I was told after my surgery that thrush was one of those things we needed to watch for and that it was common after this type of surgery.  Well I got it.   I have done two rounds of the prescription Nystatin swish and swallow and have take one dose of Diflucan.  I can't get rid of it.  Anyone else?   Any other ideas??

Jen

Hislady
on 5/24/15 4:21 pm - Vancouver, WA

Go back to your doc maybe they need to do a swab and have it cultured to see if it is truly thrush. Maybe it is something else.

samanthalc
on 5/24/15 5:02 pm
with

I just got sleeved this week, and have a white lining on my tongue that looks like thrush.  But it doesn't hurt.  I wonder if it's actually residue from gas x strips and protein drinks?

Does thrush hurt?

J. Whitney
on 5/25/15 6:19 pm
VSG on 03/17/15

Thrush does not hurt. It makes my breath stink and the surgeon said it could make me nauseated.  I think I will follow up with my family Dr since the surgeons treatments aren't  working.

Jen

VerySkinnyGirl
on 5/25/15 6:46 pm

Ask your doctor about probiotics. I haven't had my surgery yet but I've heard people mention some hardcore antibiotics before surgery that can kill off all of the good bacteria in your system and that can lead to things like thrush, etc.. Probiotics are always a good idea after antibiotics of any kind. Hope this helps.

FarmGirl71
on 5/26/15 6:35 am - Maben, MS
VSG on 05/05/15

My doctor tried to prevent that and prescribes three doses of Diflucan to be taken on day 5, 7, and 9 after surgery. Luckily, no yeast infection or thrush. I would certainly call the doctor again.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 41 views