She's Got Leeeeegggs!

paragondream
on 5/25/15 4:29 am

And I'm trying not to abuse them. ;)

I am in the market for compression socks for after surgery. Anyone have experience with this?

What brands are good for long term use and where did you end up buying them? Price range?

Thank you!

~Paragondream

Gwen M.
on 5/25/15 7:37 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I didn't need compression socks post-op, but in the past for other reasons I've had good luck with Jobst brand. 

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

paragondream
on 5/26/15 9:53 am

Thank you!

~Paragondream

breathemusic
on 5/26/15 8:07 am

I also have a jobst pair that are great.  I didn't need compression stockings after surgery, but as part of my overall me makeover I had some vein treatments done to deal with veinous reflux and then take care of some spider veins on my legs, and that needed stockings.  Plus, I ended up wearing them on a really long flight once, etc.

The jobst brand were long enough that they went all the way up to the very tops of my thighs (I'm 5'6") and I also didn't feel like they were so crazy tight in the thighs that they were uncomfortable for my pudgy thighs.  In fact, they were actually super comfortable to wear and provided me with a little extra warmth too!  I read lots of reviews when I was looking and for some of the other brands people complained about them fitting in the calf but being way too tight in the thigh, etc.  BTW, I wear a size 12-14 depending on brand and I got the XL.  Though the grade of compression also factors into how much they stretch.

paragondream
on 5/26/15 9:54 am

Thank you! I will look into Jobst! :D

~Paragondream

Most Active