gaining back

bluejeanbaby75
on 5/30/15 5:12 am - LA

after almost 3 years post op , i have regained almost all the weight. i started at 238 and lost to 175...today i weigh 217,,,i am gaining a pound a day.lately...is there another surgery available if the sleeve isnt enough? can i now have gastric bypass?

samanthalc
on 5/30/15 5:38 am
with

Can you tell us a little more about what and how much you're eating daily?  

If your food hasn't changed over three years, is it possible you have a thyroid issue?

Gwen M.
on 5/30/15 7:51 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Why have you gained the weight back?  What, exactly, are you eating every day? Have you had an endoscopy to see if there's something wrong with your sleeve?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

ashley5886
on 5/30/15 10:35 am
with

Oh no!  Sorry to hear that!  I hope that isn't the norm with the sleeve, kinda scary being 5 weeks out!

As for other surgeries...I have a friend that got SIPS in addition to her sleeve which I guess adds a malabsorptive factor to the restrictive portion of the sleeve, another friend had her sleeve re-done, and lastly I saw on some youtube videos where a woman had gained her weight back and went and got the bypass (if I remember correctly).

Have you talked to your doctor about it, I'm with the above, is it thyroid?  Are you now eating as much as you were pre-op?

Good luck!! Hope everything works out for you!!

Ashley

Nikke2003
on 5/31/15 6:37 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

If you only lost a little over 60 lbs and have now gained over 40 of it back, it means you are eating too much. It is so very very important to make sure you weight/measure everything you eat/drink and then log that either on paper, or using an app on your phone like LoseIt or MyFitnessPal.

If you are willing to share the information of what you truly and honestly eat in a day - precise and accurate, there are a lot of people here that would be more than happy to give you some tips and pointers!

Unfortunately, having another major surgery will not change eating habits and you may likely end up in the same place.

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

faylavi
on 5/31/15 8:11 am - Laurel, MD

I regained 45 pounds after 3 years. I realized that bread/ carbs and snacking was my enemy. You will have to go back to basics. Once I did I realized that my sleeve is working fine, my head no so much. 

Dense protien, I cook a lot more so I can control the sodium. Meet and vegetables. I try to not eat and drink at the same time ( works most of the time. Water is just as important as protien. It's needed to move the fat/weight out of your body. 

I am finally embracing that I can't eat what everyone else eats. My head has been tough to keep in line. For me eating carbs leads to me eating more carbs. It also spirals my cravings out of control.

i know I will struggle for the rest of my life so I  am patient with myself, even though I want to be skinny NOW!

fay

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

46yrs old  5'4'' HW 306  AW  288  SW 276 CW 192  205                                                  Next goal <199     

bluejeanbaby75
on 6/1/15 10:51 am - LA

i have dieted all my life...that is why i needed surgery because i couldnt stay on or lose much weight,..if i could diet i wouldnt have needed weight loss surgery...i still get and stay hungry..i am in the 15% of people who kept the hunger feeling...but mostly, i think my sleeve must be stretched because i can comfortably eat more than i should be able to...that is why i am wondering about gastric bypass...thanks for the responses.

Most Active