Does anyone smell different?

vdeca
on 6/1/15 8:47 pm

This might sound crazy to all of you, but I feel like I smell different.  When I smell my hands, when they are close to my face, they smell different to me.  I'm five weeks out, not sure if it is just a side effect from anesthesia, or what, but it's almost I smell like my vitamins or protein shakes...  don't like it!

Anyone else experience this?

poplargreys
on 6/1/15 8:58 pm
VSG on 03/31/15

My sweat smells different now, but I don't think I smell any different when I'm just going about my day. I am super sensitive to smells now though, it's like my sense of smell is in overdrive all the time. Things either smell amazing or absolutely disgusting.

Dan1962
on 6/2/15 3:46 am - Syracuse, NY
VSG on 09/23/14

My sweat smells different also.  Very odd.  Also I think related to the new diet (lifestyle) I have eczema, which I've seen a dermatologist for.  Since my skin is dry I think that is a contributing factor to the new aroma :)

Heather L.
on 6/2/15 9:23 am - Coquitlam, Canada
VSG on 03/26/15

I've absolutely noticed that I smell different post-surgery.  I've talked to others and they've experienced it, too.  We think it's probably because of the change in diet and the rapid fat metabolism.  I really hope it reverts as I stop losing weight and can get back to a more varied diet.  I miss my old smells. 

VSG Mar 26, 2015 Dr. Sharadh Sampath -- 5'3" -- 47YO -- HW: 294 - SW: 261 - CW: 192 - GW: 175
Bi-lateral Brachioplasty May 8, 2017 Dr. Owen Reid
Lower Body Lift Oct 2, 2017 Dr. Owen Reid

"Weight is lost in kitchens, health is gained in gyms." - Dr. Yoni Freedhoff

heatherisshrinking.tumblr.com

David F.
on 6/2/15 4:46 pm - Henderson, NV

I too have noticed that I smell different after the surgery. It is very strange. Not the smell but that it changed. lol

Daveo

Surgery: Feb 9, 2015   HW: 517SW: 467

Alphafemale
on 6/4/15 1:16 pm

I've had vitamin B shots in the past and, for me, an unfortunate side effect is body odor. With all the vitamin supplements I now take, the problem has returned. On my days off I do take showers but don't always wear deodorant and that won't be happening anymore, I need it now. Gross. 

Jamie

Chilipepper
on 6/4/15 4:07 pm

It's Ketones. You are in Ketosis. It's the same reason your breath smells during rapid weightloss. It's natural. It's actually a good sign that you are losing 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 59 views