Eating rice

Beverly H.
on 6/3/15 8:32 am
VSG on 05/20/15

I'm two weeks post op and am eating soft foods per the Surgeons instructions. Would it be ok if I ate soft cooked rice in tomato sauce? I have a call in to the Nut but I'm wondering if this would be something that I can try today. Thanks!

shorty71
on 6/3/15 8:39 am - CT
VSG on 04/01/14 with

You should not be having any carbs this soon out. Atleast not based on the food plan my dic puts us on

Beverly H.
on 6/3/15 8:46 am
VSG on 05/20/15

Actually the surgeon and Nut has recommended mashed potatoes. I'm not too concerned right now about the carb because The dish that I am wondering about is chicken cut up over rice. At this point I'm not eating more than a nibble of anything other than protein. I guess I was just wondering if it would be hard to digest rice. Thanks

shorty71
on 6/3/15 8:50 am - CT
VSG on 04/01/14 with

It shouldnt be hard to digest. I wasnt allowed mash potatoes 

wyo_sarah
on 6/3/15 9:18 am

I ate mashed potatoes when I was on blended foods.  But rice was a no no on my list until at least 6 months.  It kind of expands in your stomach I think.  The first time I had a bite of rice I was about 6 months post op and I felt really yucky.  It is one of the only foods that I've had an adverse reaction to.  

Beverly H.
on 6/3/15 9:26 am
VSG on 05/20/15

I was worried about digesting rice. I guess I will mash up some baked beans and see if I can taste and tolerate them. Thank you for taking the time to respond.

wyo_sarah
on 6/3/15 9:33 am

No problem.  I ate a lot of refried beans with cheese.  Also, if you like yogurt, the Dannon Light and Fit greek yogurt is good, in my opinion.  I like the toasted coconut vanilla kind.

L. Woody
on 6/3/15 9:32 am
VSG on 05/20/15

Hey surgery day friend 

My nut and everyone in my support group tells me they can not eat rice now. They say it doesn't feel good in their bellies. I have not had one person in the group tell me that they are ok with it which really sucks for me cause I love sushi.

Good luck if you do try it and if it works out ok let me know.

Beverly H.
on 6/3/15 9:53 am
VSG on 05/20/15

Hey, I'm not brave enough to try rice yet. I'm just craving something with flavor. Lol I will let you know if I ever do try it.

sistah3
on 6/3/15 10:49 am

I love su****oo so now when I go I eat only the fish part and throw the rice out. Doesn't take much to fill me up but I still get the fix I'm needing

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 43 views