I admit it, I'm a lurker

alouisa63
on 6/3/15 8:21 am - Farmington Hills, MI
VSG on 07/30/15

I've been stalking this forum for a few months as I made my decision about having surgery.  I've picked up wonderful suggestions and tips and felt I was very well informed when I met with the surgeon and asked my questions.  All because of you guys!  I am going with VSG and just need to get the psych eval and stress done before the papers can be sent to the insurance company.

The most important things I've gotten while lurking?

1. Almost everyone falls off the program at one time or another and it's not a failure.  Just pick it back up!

Thank you for your straight forward advise and the care you all show to the posters.

:)

winehead
on 6/3/15 9:03 am

Welcome, I was a lurker also for several months before my sleeve surgery and this place is great for info and encouragement and advice.

Tracy D.
on 6/3/15 10:50 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Welcome to the club   And congrats on making a positive life-altering decision.  You won't regret it :-) 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 6/3/15 11:55 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

That's a great lesson to learn.  We are not perfect.  We often have emotional connections to food that are difficult to conquer.  The objective is to be on plan more often than you fail.  If you can stick with your plan 90% of the time, you will be wildly thrilled with your results.

Welcome to the wunnerful world of weight loss!  

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

(deactivated member)
on 6/3/15 1:48 pm

Welcome! I hope you begin to actively participate. This board was a great source of information, a place to ask questions and a place to come and vent during my early journey. I've made some lasting friendships that have transferred to real life, too.

Congratulations on deciding to take charge of your life and get healthy!

Nikke2003
on 6/4/15 9:05 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

Welcome! Finding this site was a MAJOR reason I decided to go ahead with surgery. I guess until talking to/seeing pics of people that have actually done the work and lost the weight, I had no idea it could even be possible.

Getting involved and posting your questions, thoughts, feelings, etc. can really help through this process. There is a tremendous amount of information already on the site that you can search by clicking the magnifying glass in the upper right hand corner, or if it's something you just want to talk about - post away!

There is a tremendous amount of support available here! :)

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

Most Active