Sleeved 2 weeks as of today!

(deactivated member)
on 6/29/15 7:00 am
with

It's been an amazing few weeks so far.  I feel like I've crammed in all the ups and downs and emotions that one goes through all so far.  Overall I am down 21 lbs and feeling great.  I am loving my sleeve already and can tell that we will be best friends.  The first few days after surgery I had a few feelings of regret as expected.  It wasn't so much regret that I had the surgery but more a disappointment in myself for having needed such extreme measures to lose weight.  I also felt like somehow my surgeon forgot to take out those so called hunger hormones because by day 5 I was having serious cravings.  It wasn't so much physical though and I realized it was head hunger and just emotions.  I've been cooking for my son and husband still and seeing them eat and smelling burgers and pizza and the junk food that I soon hope to rid them of was hard, also advertisements for food suck and are almost non stop.  It was nice though because the old me on a diet would have just given in an ate half a large pizza and thought I'd just make it up the next day.  Now I am able to drink a protein shake or some broth and I am very satisfied.  I like the permanence of my sleeve.  I also love the fact that for once I'll be the one ordering the small portions and not finishing my plate.  I used to go out to eat and try to maximize the quantity of food and never had left overs.  I eyeballed other's plates and half envied their leftovers and half wanted to eat it for them.  I am also learning to love myself and make myself a priority.  I was always so into others needs and caring for others that I just jammed whatever into my body to get through the day without thought.  I am now getting used to making sure that I have what my body needs in terms of nutrition and fluids, soon to take my vitamins and antacids.  I also had a few moments where I became very upset and frustrated with my husband.  I flew off the handle but I let him know in advance that I've read about how fast weight loss can release hormones and cause mood swings.  Overall I am so happy with my decision.  My recovery was flawless and so quick.  I was out of the house outdoors walking around and shopping by day 5.  I had zero nausea since I left the hospital and so far there's nothing that I've tried that upsets my sleeve.  I've gotten down the sipping and knowing how much I can drink at one time very quick.  I am looking forward to my post op appointment on Wednesday so I can moved to the pureed stage soon.  

E_Saenz
on 6/29/15 9:01 pm - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

Feeling better after 5 days post op awesome!  I'm hoping I have the same result!

Elia Maria Saenz

Vmarsh169
on 7/1/15 8:23 pm

I had my surgery on 6/18, so we are pretty close in time. I've only lost 8 lbs, though. I'm starting to move into the soft foods and some meat, but have had no real problems except for one time when I ate too much. Ouch. I also had a day where I started having some muscle cramps and realized that I was dehydrated. Plain water causes my stomach to spasm, so I have to add something to it, like True Lime or Crystal Light. I have had constipation, so I've added some fiber and am drinking more fluids.

I know I need to exercise more, so I danced around the house tonight, until the dogs were looking at me funny. I am starting to feel lighter and I've lost 3 inches off my waist, so it's all good.

Most Active