Binding Loose Skin?

TheAuntieMonster
on 7/2/15 4:51 pm - NY
VSG on 12/03/13

I've lost about 170 lbs since my surgery! Unfortunately I've been left with a TON of loose skin, particularly on my tummy. Does anyone have any recommendations for girdles, waist trainers, or compression garments? I'd really just like to look nice in my clothes, without my tummy sticking so far out. It wasn't so bad when I was big all over, but now I have this thin body with a disproportionately big tummy poking out :(

jenorama
on 7/2/15 6:35 pm - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

Any sort of shapewear will do the trick. I prefer the high-waisted brief style as opposed to the camisole style.  Head over to a good department store and check out the styles. Grab several different ones to try on and see how they look under your clothes. Shapewear makes a world of difference!

Jen

Laura in Texas
on 7/2/15 6:56 pm

I always liked the kind where you can wear your own bra like THIS. Flexees is my favorite.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

grayC
on 7/2/15 7:25 pm
VSG on 05/01/13

I also prefer the Flexees...

i would wear the brief type if wearing a sleeveless outfit..

but between a shoulder injury and having to pee all the time due to water 

they can be a bit of an issue esp since I can't get them up myself 

and have to rely on the Hubby

(I tell him to give me an atomic wedgie to get them up proper..

he now thinks women are NUTS..why would you do THIS?!)

or a friend if I'm in the ladies on an evening out...

not fun!

Atlanta_Forever
on 7/3/15 5:00 am
VSG on 03/17/14

I've always been a fan of Spanx, in various styles. (Expensive, but they last if you don't put them in the dryer.)

A few months ago I bought two cami's by "Yummy Tummy" and have been wearing them nonstop. I got them at Nordstrom's Rack. ($19.99 each)

It's takes some experimentation to figure out what feels good, looks good, and does the job!

TheAuntieMonster
on 7/5/15 9:59 am - NY
VSG on 12/03/13

Thank you so much for the responses! I think I'm going to get a braless shaper Laura! I'm going to check out all the brands all of you have suggested and hopefully I can find something that works for me. I really need a shaper that makes miracles lolol

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 56 views