This Week and 3 Days To Go

ChubbyHubby82
on 7/2/15 8:18 pm
VSG on 07/06/15

Well, let's see. This week I got a lot done. In case I kick the bucket I got my plans all done. Living will set up...no worries not a DNR. This is just in case something serious happens and I end up a veggie or in a coma with no brain activity. I just did not want to tempt fate and believe it or not I feel really good about the plans I made. I don't have to worry about it any more. Some friends found it morbid...but they know I am a planner so this just goes with my personality. 

Dressing changes, legs re-wrapped and oh how I long for solid food. That's just in my head...amongst a whole host of other things. Other than that just got to make it through the weekend and then the big day will be here.

I am excited to have come this far and have a weigh in tomorrow with my picc line dressing change. 

gwen41539
on 7/3/15 3:00 am - kimper, KY

You have almost made it and you are.well.prepared I'm.sure you will be just fine...what is your.surgery date? I hope you will be able.to keep us updated and let.US know.when you are all.sleeved up :) my day is July 13th and im kinda nervous ......but it's the waiting that's killing me I think lol 

HW 381/ pre op 345 /SW 312 Vsg 7/13/15 /CW 288

M1-24 lbs

ChubbyHubby82
on 7/3/15 3:08 am
VSG on 07/06/15

Bright and early Monday Morning on July 6. I am scheduled to be in pre-op prep at 6am with surgery scheduled at 8am. I will be up in my room about noon or so on Monday. I do plan on updating that afternoon or evening after my first walk. YIKES! 

Ready2goNOW
on 7/3/15 6:11 am

I am a planner, too, and will do the same before my September surgery.

Sucks you have to go thru a holiday weekend, but your surgeon should be well-rested. Plus it sounds like you may be the 1st on the table which is always my preference! Don't want a tired doctor!

Best of luck! Let us know when you are out & feeling better!

Kathy

ChubbyHubby82
on 7/3/15 12:00 am, edited 7/3/15 12:00 am
VSG on 07/06/15

It was one of those tasks that you always say that you will tackle later. Well, this was the thing that told me to do it now. To be honest, it is a selfless act because in their grief-stricken state your family might make a decision that you might not have made. 

The first surgery date available to me was June 29. It was too soon for me and I wanted to mull it over... The second was July 6 or 13. I chose the 6th. 

It does suck but I am feeling pretty good. Also, I don't need any of that crap anyways. Next year I can celebrate when I am down to goal weight.  Plus, my momma told me that she was gonna hang with me so I would not feel left out. 

psychoticparrot
on 7/3/15 1:10 pm

I also made sure my "affairs" were in order before surgery. It's a sensible precaution, but doing the actual paperwork does give one pause. Keep reminding yourself of the overwhelming stats that you will come through this just fine.

Let us know as soon as possible after your surgery about how you're doing.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

roxytrim
on 7/3/15 8:35 am - Cobourg, Canada
VSG on 04/12/13

You are in a great head space!  Enjoy the 4th for the day/people and not the food.  The food is just temporary but the fun lasts longer. 

Most Active