18lbs lost in 2 weeks but kinda bummed

gwen41539
on 7/28/15 5:46 pm - kimper, KY

I have been through so much it takes the thrill out of the loss I had ...abscess in my stomach and a blood clot in my lung and ..Im still on blood thinners for 6 months and have drainage from the place where the drain tube was ...I am on phase 3 and so far no problems I have tried chicken even and tuna and baked fish all went down great no reflux etc...so exercise is next but I am hoping I feel better everyday so far I feel no different

HW 381/ pre op 345 /SW 312 Vsg 7/13/15 /CW 288

M1-24 lbs

Kiwideb
on 7/28/15 6:14 pm
VSG on 01/19/15

They advanced you pretty fast diet wise for two weeks out.

glad to hear your feeling better.

E_Saenz
on 7/28/15 6:49 pm - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

18 pounds that is great  and is just the beginning your body is still healing give yourself a break you have been through a lot your gonna finally lose the weight no one ever said it was gonna be easy but it will be worth it. 

Elia Maria Saenz

(deactivated member)
on 7/28/15 7:55 pm
VSG on 07/13/15
On July 28, 2015 at 5:46 PM Pacific Time, gwen41539 wrote:

I have been through so much it takes the thrill out of the loss I had ...abscess in my stomach and a blood clot in my lung and ..Im still on blood thinners for 6 months and have drainage from the place where the drain tube was ...I am on phase 3 and so far no problems I have tried chicken even and tuna and baked fish all went down great no reflux etc...so exercise is next but I am hoping I feel better everyday so far I feel no different

Dang, and I'm still on full liquids! :D

NYMom222
on 7/28/15 8:17 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Take it one day at a time, and before you know it you will be in a better a place. I just passed my one year anniversary and I can tell you it is amazing to me that I am so far out. Just make sure you take small bites, chew well, and keep your food moist... you are early out and it will be a learning game as to what agrees with you and what doesn't... even if something agrees with you one day, if you aren't careful it may not agree with you the next....so take it slow.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

(deactivated member)
on 7/28/15 8:26 pm
VSG on 07/13/15

Don't be bummed out surgery buddy! Keep your chin up! 

Ok2BaLoser
on 7/29/15 8:31 am
VSG on 06/19/15

You have to choose what you want to focus on.  You can either focus on the unfortunate things that have happened during the surgery recovery process OR the fact that you are on the road to a healthier life.  Sometimes we get so caught up in the bad that we lose sight of the good.  I had my own set backs after surgery but had to realize that if I focus too much on the set backs I will forget to appreciate the journey that I am on.  There are many people that wish they could be in your shoes right now even with the hardships you have faced.  They may never be afforded the opportunity that you have.  I would be on cloud 9 knowing that I was down 18lbs in 2 weeks and all the pain and hospital stays weren't in vain.  Chin up.  You are on the right road.  Mind over matter...

PS - I am 5 weeks out and JUST NOW able to eat Phase 3 foods... Another PLUS for you!!!!  Sending you warm thoughts and well wishes!!!

GoBlueGirl1998
on 7/29/15 9:02 am - MI

You have had some obstacles... but 18 pounds is freaking awesome! Being 9 months out I wish I could now lose 18 lbs in two weeks. Give your body some time to recover! You will bounce back and you will feel good again!

Age: 40 Height: 5'8" Highest Weight: 325 Starting Weight: 291 Current Weight: 166 Goal Weight: 160

VSG 10/24/14 with Dr. David Chengelis

diane S.
on 7/29/15 10:50 am

hang in there.  Sometimes it seems like progres is slow but remember it has taken most of us a year to get to where we are - well worth it. you have had it rougher than most but sometimes having to fight makes it all the better.  diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Tracy D.
on 7/29/15 5:47 am, edited 7/29/15 9:11 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

You've been through the wringer, Gwen   At least your weight loss is going well.  With the complications you've had it's going to take awhile before you start feeling better.  Be patient and gentle with yourself until then.  ((Hugs))

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Most Active