The first hard day. And thanks. :)

Donna L.
on 8/2/15 5:23 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

Today was the first of the truly hard days since surgery.  I've been having tummy issues since I started on soft food, so the nutritionist and surgeon suggested liquids for a week on Friday.  The liquid diet was easy-peasy after surgery, but just the past few days have been hard.  I still have mild acid reflux so the PPI got increased.  I know it isn't real hunger and just head hunger, and so I am taking everyone's advice.  The miracle is that I managed to resist ordering food at work (the old bad habit), and I'm amazed that I did it.  

Without all of the support and advice from you guys the past few months I'd never have been able to be here.  It's a bit frustrating, but all of the information and help people here have given it made today much easier.  I feel 100x better since June 22nd, and I am so glad I had the VSG.

So thank you all very much. :)

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Shel25
on 8/2/15 7:29 pm

Great job in resisting ordering food at work.  Preop, I did that all the time, too, and I know the power of that habit!  Hope you stomach feels better soon!

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 49 views