Birthday struggle

Kellyrob
on 8/4/15 9:46 pm
VSG on 04/20/15

my birthday is Friday and everyone keeps asking what I want to do, my answer is I don't know. Before I was sleeved I would of gone to dinner. Going out to eat is no more fun. I am 3 months out and I am starting g to feel good about myself but I just don't really feel like doing anything. I don't feel like I am depressed at all I just don't really know what to do. Anyone else have these blah times. Adjusting to life after sleeve is more difficult then I had thought. 

NikkiL2015
on 8/5/15 2:10 am - Carl Junction, MO
VSG on 07/06/15

I completely understand!  Our family has always gone out to eat for entertainment, now it's like what do you do?  I never think of ideas that don't involve eating out, and like you, eating out is just not a pleasurable experience anymore.  Now I eat because I need to get protein and sustenance, not for enjoyment for before.  I guess the answer is that we are going to have to get creative and find out what we really enjoy beyond the food.  Good luck to you!

Bufflehead
on 8/5/15 3:23 am - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

What do you like to do? Is there a concert, play, or other arts-type event happening soon that you are interested in? Do you like to do outdoorsy stuff? Group hikes, white water rafting trips, ziplining? Are you community-minded? You could get a group of people together for a joint volunteer project where you can work together, such as working on a Habitat for Humanity house, trail maintenance, creek clean-up, cleaning kennels, walking dogs, and petting kitties at your local animal shelter. Are you a performer? Ask people to join you at karaoke night or a line dancing class. More of a homebody? Organize a games night with board games, video game tournaments, Dance Dance Revolution (if you have it or know someone who does, ofc). Good luck!

E_Saenz
on 8/5/15 5:45 am - Grand Rapids , MI
VSG on 08/12/15

Maybe go for ****tails and appetizers then you share with everyone and you don't feel like your not eating it is a celebration of your life get dittied up and take lots of pictures so you can compare to last year.  Try something active maybe a bike ride or a picnic in the park.  Idk just have fun it's your day!  Happy Birthday 

Elia Maria Saenz

Kellyrob
on 8/5/15 5:54 pm
VSG on 04/20/15

Thank you 😀

Gwen M.
on 8/5/15 6:17 am
VSG on 03/13/14

It is difficult to change the way we've always celebrated!

These days I treat myself with a yoga seminar, or a trip to the Ren Faire, or some other "event" instead of food. Even walking through the mall can be a fun excursion these days :)

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

David F.
on 8/5/15 2:36 pm - Henderson, NV

My Birthday is next month and I am in the same boat as you. I don't feel like doing anything food wise because it is a waste of money. I can't eat like I used to and there are still foods that do not agree with me. 

Daveo

Surgery: Feb 9, 2015   HW: 517SW: 467

(deactivated member)
on 8/5/15 4:39 pm
VSG on 08/15/15 with

Pick an activity if you really feel like going out. But I'll tell ya, we've had a few b-days where me and my man just sat at home, got redbox and relaxed.....and it was just as great! It's all about quality company! :) happy birthday!!!!

Ethel S.
on 8/5/15 5:04 pm

Go out and dance! 

Ethel S.
on 8/5/15 5:04 pm

Go out and dance! 

Most Active