One year out next week for band to sleeve revision

claricey
on 8/15/15 7:03 am

I thought I would check in as I'm approaching my one year surgiversarry. I'm just about 60 pounds down (depending on the day and the water retention) and I have to say I haven't felt this good in years!  

This time last year I was on medication for severe arthritis in both knees and looking at knee replacement in my very near future. Today, although they still hurt, I can manage the pain with Advil and be active enough to keep those joints lubricated and moving well. 

I have not exercised like a fanatic but have worked out once a week with a trainer for strength for a few months. I've enjoyed some of the classic wins of WLS such as: no seat belt extender on planes, not dreading sitting in the only open plastic chair at a party, ability to cross my legs and the one I'm enjoying most right now...new and fashionable clothes!  

Although my rate of loss has slowed down it was never really fast.  I had to learn patience finally at my age (49)  Am I where I envisioned I'd be this time last year?  No, I had wanted to be 100 pounds down. This doesn't discourage me from getting to my goals however as I know if I increase the exercise and watch closely the calories I can keep it moving in the right direction.  I am living my life and enjoying it and I finally feel free from the "old me" that I identified with.  That person was an overweight woman first and everything else after it.  

I just just want to let any new folks just embarking on this journey know that it's not a magic fix but with persistence you can do anything!  

Sandra F.
on 8/17/15 6:19 am

Awesome.  Good luck on continued success!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 49 views