Irritated

murphyjo
on 8/29/15 8:22 pm

I am 9 days post op. Doing good with fluids protein and feel great. However, I am irritated by everything! Chewing sounds, talking, and breathing noise....seriously! I have heard about hormone dumping, is this it? How long can I be expected to be the wicked witch of the west?

(deactivated member)
on 8/30/15 5:13 am
VSG on 08/15/15 with

This happened to me too about 1 week post op. Luckily mine only lasted a couple days, but the annoyances were reaching lunatic level. My hubby figured it was just a lack of real food, which after the pr op diet, and finishing another week of post op clear liquids, that could've been it. Hopefully yours goes away as quickly as mine. 

(deactivated member)
on 8/30/15 9:21 am
RNY on 05/04/15

I had this issue for at least a month post-op. It was like all of my coping resources were devoted to healing and were no longer available to deal with minor everyday annoyances. It got better once I was off the pain meds though; they made me really short-tempered.

Jessica T.
on 8/30/15 3:54 pm

It's coming off pain meds! A friend of mine who has a lot of experience dealing with those close to her who have chronic illness, and she recognized it in me immediately. Good enough reason for me not to take them any longer than necessary. I hated feeling like I was going to lose my temper over...nothing. From my experience hormone dumping is very different, uncontrollable sadness rather than annoyance. So you have that to look forward to, sorry. Still worth it, it's only temporary.

Good Luck!

murphyjo
on 8/30/15 6:22 pm

I only took the pain meds for 36 hrs. I am hoping it will just get better.  Today was ok...who knows about tomorrow😉

Most Active