SO CLOSE

psren13
on 9/1/15 2:54 pm - NC
VSG on 03/11/15

I am so close to my second major goal.  The first was Onderland which I have achieved.  The second i****ting 172 which is a weight that I was for years before I had female surgery in 1984 which blossomed me up over 50lbs.  I hit 173.6 this morning.  I just had to post this.  So stoked right now knowing I CAN AND WILL DO THIS.  WHOOPEEEE.. YAY.. and all the above ..  For those who are considering VSG or any other bariatric surgery, why are you still contemplating?  i know that you are like me and thousands of others that has tried everything under the sun to lose AND KEEP IT OFF..   I was hesitant to start with due to my age (65).  I was tired of being easily winded, knees and back hurting all the time, medications for type II diabetes, cholesterol, high blood pressure, etc.  I know that I am in the "golden" years and we never know how much time we have left.  So, why not make those years that's left healthier, happier, more active, more enjoyable?  I took the plunge, and like many of you wondered if this too would be a failure.  It isn't quite a miracle, definitely not the cure.  BUT... it is a wonderful tool.  You have to be determined and dedicated and honest with yourself and work this tool.  You have gone this far to have the surgery, don't stop there thinking that this is the cure all.  You have to change the ways that got you to the pre-surgery point to start with.  You have to be determined to make this work.  Or work with you/for you.  Only you can do this.  Only you can be responsible for your own outcome and health in the long run.  You control what you put in your body.  You will have less hunger (if any) and less room for food.  So, make that room count.  Make it nutritious.  Put that dense protein in there first, you will be satisfied much longer.  Yes, there definitely is head hunger but remember, it is ALL IN YOUR HEAD!!!  It is not a necessity.  It is a want.  Not a need.  

I started with a high weight of 269 just over a year ago.  Tired.. Achy.. Winded.. Depressed over clothing styles.. Older.. I took the plunge this past March 11, 2015.  I am now down to 173.6.. I am surviving the head hunger.  I AM DETERMINED.. I am healthier.  (no medication for any of the above mentioned health issues.. YAY).  My regret is that I have not documented my journey in pictures.  A lot of us "overweight" people have this issue with having our picture taken and that does not really go away until you have lost lots of weight.  Then we still see ourselves heavy but that is just in our "mindseye".  I am so much happier.  Don't you deserve that too?  Good luck.. (Gosh I just rolled on and on.. Sorry)

(deactivated member)
on 9/1/15 4:00 pm

So very happy for you! You've done such a great job and really worked hard to get where you are today! Congratulations!

suzyq584
on 9/1/15 4:02 pm

First of all...C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S ! ! !  You are such an inspiration!!!

Secondly, thank you for sharing this post.  I am very guilty of the "why is this going to be different", "is this really going to work for me" doubts.  Although I am moving forward with surgery, I often find myself thinking "what if I'm the exception and this doesn't work for me?!"  It is so nice to hear that others had these thoughts and have been successful!!!

Good luck on your continued success!  You'll see that 172 in no time at all!!

~Suzy

cappy11448
on 9/1/15 5:47 pm

Hi Pam,
This is a great post.  I am so happy for you.  You are really working the program, and you are seeing the results.  I, too, was in my 60's when I had surgery, and I am so glad I did it.  I am waiting for your post that you've reached a normal BMI.  I know it'll be coming soon!

best wishes,

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

Most Active