Hey Gwen M!

samanthalc
on 9/1/15 3:56 pm
with

I haven't been on the boards lately, but I've been thinking about you and all the helpful advice you offered immediately following my procedure.  Has school started for you yet?  Hope you're doing well, and CONGRATS I see you're well under 180 :)

Gwen M.
on 9/1/15 3:59 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

Thanks for the shout out!  

I start college tomorrow - eeeeeek!  I'll be a full time student with five classes, three of which are online.  My in-person classes start on Thursday.  I'm also adding three hours of pilates to my exercise schedule, so I'm pretty much just panicking right now about how I'll be able to have time for everything.  

I'm sure that I'll be a much calmer person this time next week.  I hope.  (My family hopes so too.)  ;)  

I did, finally, get myself back on track and I'm losing weight again.  I know that things will be even better once I have a routine again.  

I hope you're doing well too!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

samanthalc
on 9/1/15 4:05 pm
with

Oh my, tomorrow?  Super exciting!  I recently graduated from a Master's program.  The relief I felt immediately following graduation was incredible, but not even six weeks later I was missing school!  Enjoy the program, every bit of it.  The highs, the lows, it's awesome!  Five classes is a lot of classes but I'm so sure you can handle it.  I took one online class and found it was almost tougher than the in-person class because we were required to do a number of weekly posts (thereby engaging in an online conversation not unlike OH.)

You're going to do great!

The weight loss will come.  You've been under 180 for a while.  

I'm at 167 and have been hovering here for 4-5 weeks.  I'm only 3.5 months out of my VSG procedure too, which has me worried.  That said ,there isn't much I can do that I'm not already doing so I'm trying not to stress.  Plus, I just started really losing my hair so I've turned to stressing about that instead :)

Most Active