NSV - and I almost didn't notice!

LadyLeo32
on 9/1/15 8:10 pm

So, today I'm sitting in my therapist's office quite comfortably chatting about how I was having a day where I felt really frumpy and fat and how ironically more people commented today about my weight loss than usual (like 7)!  Then she asked me to look at how I was sitting. (Early on in our sessions I had told her about the shame I felt not being able to cross my legs) I looked down and it dawned on me that I was sitting on the couch, legs crossed and completely comfortable.  I don't even know when it happened but it felt awesome and really made me realize that the scale is not as important as the changes in my body.  I am down 36 lbs since surgery 7 weeks ago so I'm pretty thrilled about that but I've definitely had a couple of stalls. Down to 229 but also super muscular. Getting back with my trainer ASAP was the best decision I made. Anyway, hope you are all doing well!

Neesie57
on 9/1/15 10:23 pm
VSG on 08/04/15

That's amazing!  Congratulations.  I had almost the same thing happen yesterday.  I was talking to my daughter on the phone, and just threw my right leg over my left and crossed them, for the first time in many, many years.  It was such a good feeling.

5' 5" tall. VSG on August 4, 2015/ Starting weight 239.9/ Surgery weight 210.9/ Current weight 137.4/ Goal weight 140/ No longer overweight, now a NORMAL weight. Now that I'm at goal, it's time to move on to maintenance!!!!!!!!

sleevelouise
on 9/2/15 1:08 am

Those little things add up :) happy for you!

I remember my own NSV when I was able to pass through my colleagues' desk without knocking anything down!

Best wishes!!

Had surgery at Nordbariatric, with surgeon A. Maleckas.

Journey2be
on 9/2/15 7:18 am

That's been my very favorite NSV!! Congrats. Yeah ire doing great. I always have my legs crossed now, just because I can, and it's comfortable and makes me feel feminine. I love being able to cross my legs. 

HW: 265, surgery wt 245, post op wt 254.  VSG: 3/3/15

Most Active