How to eat an elephant

Dakinbar Yes
on 9/3/15 3:52 pm
VSG on 05/07/14

One spoonful at a time apparently!

About 70lbs ago I kept thinking my weight loss was so slow that I must have been finished. I learned how to eat around my sleeve. I managed to stall my weight loss, and even gain weight when I was only 8 months out. I looked into options for resleeving. I was annoyed at my surgeon who said he had given me a larger sleeve. 

I kept plugging away, and now I've somehow lost 162lbs. I've had many slips, and usually these last for a few days. Then I get back on track. I'm nearly a year and a half out, I can eat heaps of slider foods and gain weight easily. my restriction isn't what it once was, but 2 chicken drumsticks will fill me up. I stick to protein first and lose weight still. It's taken determination and focus, and a slow realization that this is for life. 

Im getting there, onwards and downwards. The point of all that is just to really say, huge amounts of weight loss are definitely achievable, one pound at a time. 

HW 309lb  CW 186 1/9/2015  GW 136     31yr old Female, 5ft3

Sandra F.
on 9/4/15 6:17 am

Congrats on your success so far!  Good luck to you!

Tracy D.
on 9/4/15 1:42 am, edited 9/4/15 1:42 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I sure hope that other newbies who think "Why aren't I losing more?", "My sleeve isn't tight enough!", "I knew this wouldn't work for me!"  read your post and see the honesty here.  Your weight loss was slow - you learned how to eat around it - you let carb foods and crap food back in.  

The joyful part is that you understand that it's about COMPLIANCE and when you are compliant you LOSE WEIGHT!  It's magical, isn't it ;-)  

Good for you for being honest and working at this.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

FuturePinUp
on 9/4/15 9:53 am

Yaaay! You are super inspiring to me, as a newbie. We have similar starting weights and goals, and I know that one day, I will likely slip too. Your honesty and success are motivating!! Awesome!!!

VSG: 06/24/15 // Age: 35 // Height: 5'10" // Lost so far: 190 lbs

HW: 348 (before 2 week pre-op diet) // SW: 326 // CW: 158

TT/Lipo & BL/BA: 07/21/17 with Dr. Reish (NYC) BL/BA Revision: 01/11/18 with Dr. Reish (NYC)

Unconventional Sleever & Low-Carb Lifer

Most Active