Poor Me!!

suzyq584
on 9/29/15 2:39 pm

Venting...if you are easily offended please stop reading here.

----------------------------------------------

I am on day 6 of my stupid pure liquid pre-op diet and I HATE IT!  I'm so f'ing sick and tired of these damn shakes, apple juice and popsicles!  How in the hell am I going to keep this up for another 8 days?!?!  I'm not even halfway through this nightmare!

I'm pissed off at MYSELF for getting into this situation in the first place and have no one to blame but myself but dammit...that doesn't make me any less angry, frustrated, hopeless, irritated, hungry, SICK OF IT!!!!  I am disappointed in myself that I am so weak and that I have let food control me to this point and am now paying for it.  I'm angry at the other people I see eating everything they want and not being fat!  Then I get angry at myself for feeling that way!  This is no one's fault or problem but my own.  That makes me sad.  Holy hell...have I completely lost my mind or am I in the process of losing it!

Ugh...just ugh.

Age: 42 | Height: 5'9 | Surgery Date: 10/08/15 | Starting Weight: 279.2 | Surgery Weight: 266 | Goal Weight:165 | Current Weight: 224.8 | WL so far: 54.4 lbs

Sunshine411
on 9/29/15 3:06 pm

Just remember...one day at a time...you can do it.  Do you like the shakes your drinking?  I liked mine still drinking ...and I'm two weeks post op.  I had chicken broth on the liquid phase once and it helped for a change.  Sf Popsicles,sf jello also help.  I think I just kept reminding myself...its for your liver to shrink so they can get under there to do sleeve.  If you don't get liver shrunk surgery could be a problem.  I loved my shakes though I'm using the Journey brand by bariatrics in double chocolate flavor.  Hang in there n one day at a time it won't be long now.  Good luck.😉

suzyq584
on 9/30/15 8:43 am

I do like the shakes I am drinking, I'm just so very sick of them!  I have had some broth too and that does help a bit but after drinking the same stuff day after day, it just gets old no matter how much you like it.  Unfortunately I do not like jello at all (texture thing) so that is out.  I have SF Popsicle's too.

I just need to keep in mind what you said, this is to shrink my liver and make my surgery successful.  Just hard to remember that when you are at the end of your rope!  Thank you for your support.  I really appreciate it!

Age: 42 | Height: 5'9 | Surgery Date: 10/08/15 | Starting Weight: 279.2 | Surgery Weight: 266 | Goal Weight:165 | Current Weight: 224.8 | WL so far: 54.4 lbs

sds0029
on 9/29/15 3:13 pm
VSG on 01/19/15 with

I hope the vent helped but I do not see how a chicken breast and low carb veg would hurt.  as my surgeon said a liquid diet prior is cruel.  

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 9/29/15 4:32 pm
RNY on 08/05/19
On September 29, 2015 at 3:13 PM Pacific Time, sds0029 wrote:

I hope the vent helped but I do not see how a chicken breast and low carb veg would hurt.  as my surgeon said a liquid diet prior is cruel.  

Perhaps your surgeon said that, but other surgeons (including OP's doctor?) would disagree. Some doctors are strict about the liquid diet and may cancel surgery if the liver hasn't shrunk enough.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Neesie57
on 9/29/15 4:52 pm
VSG on 08/04/15

I wasn't allowed anything to eat for the two weeks before and after surgery, and would never go against the doctor's orders.  Every surgeon is different, but his orders are his orders for a reason.  It's a drag, but she has to do what is best for her surgery to be successful.

5' 5" tall. VSG on August 4, 2015/ Starting weight 239.9/ Surgery weight 210.9/ Current weight 137.4/ Goal weight 140/ No longer overweight, now a NORMAL weight. Now that I'm at goal, it's time to move on to maintenance!!!!!!!!

suzyq584
on 9/30/15 8:44 am

It did help!  I thought the same thing about the chicken breast so I called my surgeon's office.  They said NOPE! 

mljohns
on 9/29/15 3:25 pm
DS on 01/27/15

I remember those feelings. I'm eight months out and to this day I run screaming from the building if I see or smell chicken broth or jello. You will survive. This is one of the hardest parts of the process. My doctor had me do liquids every two weeks for 3 months and then two weeks before surgery. For one week after surgery I still had to do all clear liquids (not even a protein shake). I think I was nearly 4 weeks out from surgery before I got to pureed foods. It's all for the best.

There's nothing I can say that will make it better other than....you will make it!!

suzyq584
on 9/30/15 8:45 am

"I run screaming from the building if I see or smell chicken broth"

I love it!!!!

You are right, there is nothing anyone can say that will make it better but just having your support helps.  Thank you!

Ready2goNOW
on 9/29/15 4:01 pm

Hey Suzy!

I am on my 2nd day of clear fluids and while I am not going crazy...yet...I can see myself getting sick of the same drab 'food' choices! Jello, popsicles and shakes...some broth...BORING after awhile.

At least we are in the same boat! And one of the things that keep me going is how everyone says this is so worth it. I need to get to the other side mainly to restore my health. The hell with looking good...those days are behind me!

So hang in there...we are moving towards our ultimate goal!

Hugs!

Kathy

Most Active