Keeping myself acountable

snowiekate
on 10/5/15 1:30 pm - FL

Hi gang - haven't updated here in a while. I've been feeling frustrated, and probably SHOULD have been on this site, trying to deal with that.

A few weeks ago, I hit a weight I never thought I'd see again, 184.8. This was the highest since February of LAST year, more than I'd been all summer, and had increased almost 10 lbs in 2 weeks.

I tracked everything - yes, I was eating more calories than my 1200 calorie plan, but was still far under a "normal" level (1400-1500 cals per day). I actually had added exercise (one Cross Fit plus a 2-mile walk a week). My clothes didn't feel different, but I could see changes in my face and neck.

So I was confused, upset, and disappointed in myself.

Luckily, I have the world's best supporter in my friend Tina. She listened to me whine, complain, and begin obsessing about weight loss once again. I figured out that, while not "over" eating, I was eating up to 3 protein bars a day - that's half my calories!! I was also snacking more in general, so instead of 3 small meals, my body was really getting 6; again, not a huge calorie change, but i was getting used to having more in my body...and then craving even more.

I've spent the last two weeks working HARD to avoid snacking, increase activity, and drink more water. I am no longer allowed to buy boxes of protein bars; instead, if I want ONE, I can walk up to the little nutrition shop by my office. I have added another 2-mile walk, and whenever possible, walk to get my lunch as well. I make Tina crazy every night by repeating out loud, "you are NOT hungry, Kate".

My body is definitely reacting to "right size right time" eating - while a few weeks ago, I could easily eat half a personal pizza (3 pieces) and still want dessert, I am now full after 2 pieces.

As of today, I am back down exactly 10 lbs, to 174.8.

While still above my ultimate goal, this is within a comfort zone for me. I'd like to be back to 160-165 by the end of the year, and STAY THERE. I have to keep a steady weight if I even want to try for plastic surgery next year.

~ snowiekate

High 307.2, Pre-liquid: 290.3, Surgery: 282.6

Surgery date May 31, with Dr. Radecke (Riverside Surgical in Sebastian, FL)

White Dove
on 10/5/15 3:05 pm - Warren, OH

There are 12 weeks left in the year and I think if you stick to your 1200 calories you will lose 12 pounds.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Stacy_WLS
on 10/5/15 6:31 pm

Wow I can so relate to this!

I have also been snacking too much and having too many protein bars. I'm up ~5 lbs which doesn't sound like much but it is enough to irritate me. I don't want to let it get further.

Its so true that eating more just leads to more eating. Rah!

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

Tracy D.
on 10/6/15 9:11 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Good job in recognizing your problems and be willing to come on here and state them for all to see - a lot of people don't do that, continue to lie to themselves and others about "rebound weight" and end up with 20-30 extra pounds.

I relate to your struggles. After my plastic surgery I was restricted from almost all activity other than "walking at a stroll" for 3 months. This just encouraged me to be REAL lazy! Plus it meant I was home all by myself for about 3 hours every night with the food (when I would have been driving to the gym, working out and driving home). Ugh! Slowly but surely 8 lbs. crept back on me

Thankfully I've been released to full activity as of yesterday and was back at the gym, in my routine and feeling much better about life in general. I'm glad to hear you're back down into a more comfortable weight range. Here's to hitting your goal by the end of the year

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Most Active