2 week Stall?

Luisa728
on 10/4/15 7:47 am

Its only been 2 weeks since my surgery & I'm still staring at the same number for days! I'm doing what I'm supposed to do I'm not sure what's going on. Is it even possible to stall at week 2? I've been sticking to suger free Popsicles, broth or soup that only has liquid or like my dietitian said if there is anything in it drain it from the broth, water , my vitamins & minerals. But to be honest with my Loser Bench family I haven't pooped in 4 days not even a chihuahua size dropping! That makes me nervous! I've been taking stool softeners & sometimes it would give me pain like I had to run to the bathroom & when I did NOTHING! I don't want to give my sudden stall an excuse but I feel like I keep eating even if it liquid & not pooping is making me gain. Is that possible? What have you guys don't to keep strong during stall??

Need your advice WLS Family!!

My Best,

Luisa

joanne0658
on 10/4/15 8:15 am

I've only been at this since my surgery on 7/24. I've had stalls and finally listened to my sister and hid the scale. Clothing is the best judge. My best day was a no-wedgie day! Hang tight, you're not going to gain. Call your surgeon for their advice on the "pooping" situation (or rather lack there of) . . . .Strength during a stall was losing the scale . . . . Relax, it's hard enough keeping up with liquids and vitamins and calcium . . .keep doing what you need to do and imagine yourself one year from now . . .when all your concerns today will serve you to encourage another person just starting this wild journey!

Jo

Age: 60 | Height: 5'3.5 | Surgery Date: 07/24/15 | Starting Weight: 292 | Surgery Weight: 267 | Goal Weight:150 | Current Weight: 149 | WL so far: 143 lbs

Luisa728
on 10/4/15 8:39 am

Jo,

Your reply is completely uplifting. Your right I need to hide the scale. I got into the habit of weighing myself EVERY MORNING! Ahhh!! What was I thinking!! I feel better with the advice you gave me & I'll look into that whole pooping situation because I'm thinking that may be something attributing to my gain. 4 days of poop can definitely weigh something.

Thanks for your wonderful words!! I appreciate all you said!

Luisa

Neesie57
on 10/4/15 1:44 pm
VSG on 08/04/15

My daughter got great advice from her doctor. "Your worth as a person doesn't begin and end with the scale." It's so true. There are so many things that make us worthwhile as a person. If the scale is stressing you out, hide it, and only weigh yourself once a month, once a week, or never.

5' 5" tall. VSG on August 4, 2015/ Starting weight 239.9/ Surgery weight 210.9/ Current weight 137.4/ Goal weight 140/ No longer overweight, now a NORMAL weight. Now that I'm at goal, it's time to move on to maintenance!!!!!!!!

Dan1962
on 10/4/15 1:44 pm - Syracuse, NY
VSG on 09/23/14

I tried to approach it logically. Its impossible not to lose weight longterm if you stick to the plan. Just for fun to remind myself I used to put my old meals into myfitnesspal and it was 600 vs 3500.....I knew if I stuck with it it would happen. Stick with it!

Manndragorra
on 10/4/15 3:08 pm

I can definitely sympathize. I'm three and half weeks out and noticed the scale wasn't moving evening though I was following the plan. like you I have had issues with constipation and have resorted to the milk of magnesia if I hit two days since my last bowel movement. I don't want a repeat of earlier this week where I was so uncomfortable and when it finally happened it hurt.

I his my scale and plan on hopping on Wednesday before my one month check up, just so i know what to expect. I have also logged everything I have ate since i got home. I am still walk in every night and my clothes are getting big so something is happening. just stick with it and know that the weight will come off!

NadiaO
on 10/4/15 4:59 pm

I had my surgery on 09/14 and don't plan on weighing myself until my 6 week follow up :) My clothes feel like they are getting looser so I feel good about that :) Personally, I want to focus on getting my water and protein & starting to walk again as I probably could easily become scale obsessed.

Tiki3211
on 10/9/15 6:02 am

You've gotten all the advise on weight stall...now to the not pooping...try applesauce. This works for me.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 34 views