Day 2- having trouble keeping water down.

Laura R.
on 10/7/15 1:28 pm

End of day two and I'm having a lot of problems keeping any water down. Do any of you have tricks or tips? I even went to take a nap when I got home from the hospital and woke up choking on water. I know this will pass it's just scary! I really appreciate everyone's advice!!

Thanks,

laura.

MelissaKay_69
on 10/7/15 2:08 pm

Have you tried different temperatures? When I first came home I could only drink it at room temperature.

Melissa

Tracy S.
on 10/7/15 2:49 pm

Are you drinking from a bottle or glass? Plain water or water with something in it? I am 5 weeks out and still need everything room temperature. For the first 2 weeks every time I drank water (out of my water BOTTLE) I got sick. Doctor said to add a little crystal light (the grape is AWESOME if you water it down some...very strong) and to only drink out of a cup. The bottles you suck more air in. That worked for me....now I drink warm crystal ligh****er in a cup. Goes right down no trouble! good luck!

hollykim
on 10/7/15 3:24 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On October 7, 2015 at 8:28 PM Pacific Time, Laura R. wrote:

End of day two and I'm having a lot of problems keeping any water down. Do any of you have tricks or tips? I even went to take a nap when I got home from the hospital and woke up choking on water. I know this will pass it's just scary! I really appreciate everyone's advice!!

Thanks,

laura.

you should call your surgeon. It could be the beginning of a stricture.

are you taking an acid reducer like Nexium or Prilosec? That could be the problem also.

Simone13
on 10/7/15 3:59 pm

Yes try drinking it room temperature. I also drank smar****er. For some reason it went down well. Just sip the water every now and then. Do not gulp!!! You might be drinking to much at once. I'm 12 weeks post op and I can't drink much water at one time.

happyteacher
on 10/8/15 4:51 pm

I also did better with warm fluids. Also, try mixing in a little something like Crystal light or similar to help with the density of the water. I drank a huge amount of water preop,and post op couldn't do it well without a little something mixed in :)

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Most Active