Surgery date is Oct 29. Need pep talk!!

dulce1203
on 10/8/15 1:13 pm

My sleeve surgery is scheduled for Oct 29. I am excited and nervous at the same time! Weirdest feeling..... I keep saying to myself, "I hope I don't regret it."

Kellimarellie
on 10/8/15 1:58 pm
VSG on 06/11/15

I hope you don't also. I haven't. One of the best decisions I have made. "It will be worth it". I had mine June 11th and I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop and wake up with a "just kidding" you really haven't lost over 50 pounds. But I have and I am wide awake and loving life. Is it hard work?.....yes, is it. But congratulations to you and I hope you feel as amazing, if not better, than I do.

Tiki3211
on 10/8/15 3:37 pm

My surgery date was Sept 29th. Since I started I am down 21 pounds and I'm feeling wonderful. Things become a bit surreal the closer you get to surgery but hang in there it will all be good. I almost forgot...my doctor cut my blood pressure meds in half too. You are young, my regret was not doing this when I was your age. You will not regret this! Just stay on the plan. Good luck to you.

cappy11448
on 10/8/15 4:37 pm

When I decided to have WLS I was so overweight that I thought I'd be happy just to be under 300 pounds. When people would post about getting to one-derland, I'd think - "that'll never be me."

But here I am 2 and a half years later maintaining around 160 pounds. I went from 385 pounds to 157 pounds, a BMI of 60 to a BMI of 24.

It isn't easy. It takes work, but the weight loss surgery makes it possible. I feels so good to shop in normal stores and wear size 14 rather than 5x's. The pain in my joints is long gone. My sleep apnea is a distant memory. I can keep up on all the strenuous tours when I travel. I am healthier than I could have imagined. This is so good.

I love my sleeve.

I think you will too.

that's my best pep talk!

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

dutchessnina
on 10/8/15 9:47 pm

My surgery is scheduled for Oct 13th! Like you, I was both excited and nervous, but after I was cleared at my pre-op the nerves seemed to settle down, and now I'm filled with excitement! Maybe because I know it's finally going to happen now. This has been a long time coming, and I am excited to begin this new chapter in my life. I'm sure you've done your research and chosen the surgeon you feel is best as well as the procedure you feel is best. That will give you comfort as you prepare. This weekend I will be stocking up on the rest of my grocery items that'll be needed post surgery, and packing my overnight bag! Relax, stay calm, immerse yourself in positive affirmations, and you will be just fine!

Wyldblu
on 10/10/15 5:41 pm

Mine is the same day as yours! I am also excited and nervous. I am trying to get over the nervous part to just the get it done part though...we can do this!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 31 views