So scared right now; something is wrong!

Luisa728
on 10/12/15 7:25 pm

Hey Sleeve Family,

I'm 3 week post-op & since I got out of surgery it was always my right side that hurt like hell! I was thinking something was wrong with my liver but at my 2 week op-op appointment when I saw my doctor he said that he had to sew a muscle back together. It was right under where the incision was where they pulled out the other half of my stomach. He said it could take a couple more weeks to heal properly. At the time it made me feel better knowing that it was the muscle & not my organ! However, today the sharp stabbing pains have gone to a new level of extreme; I can't move without shooting pain, I can't shower or use the bathroom I need help. I feel completely hopeless & I honestly feel like I'm reliving the night I got home from the hospital where I couldn't move at all without feeling a sharp constant stab on my right side. I'm so scared right now please has anyone else ever gone through this pain??! What was it??! Did it last very long? It there anything I can do to better it? I've already emailed my Surgeon's office to notify them that the pain has gotten worse. I can hardly walk standing straight up, I can't shower or use the bathroom alone, moving in bed BIG NO NO, I need help getting out of bed or into bed, my mom has to dress me because I can NOT bend down. Please give me any advice at this point I need your help!! Thank you in advance!!

Luisa

Billy D.
on 10/12/15 7:50 pm

Since your Surgeon said he had to cut into the muscle, so perhaps it is in mid spasm. I would try applying hot and cold compress to area but if you are in severe pain you may want to either see your surgeon again or go to an ER. You should not have to suffer. I had an accident in 92 and fell into a drainage tunell and landed on barbed wire, I was gutted like a fish, everything half hanging out of belly, they sewed my stomach up with 116 stitches. believe it or not it did not hurt that much but 3 days later for some reason it went into spasms and was really bad pain....crying pain. I was treated with muscle relaxers and put on potassium supplements? I know that dehydration cas cause muscle spasms, have you been drinking your liquids and following the diet?. Drink some warm herbal tea, some folks say that calms stomach. I hope you feel better.

Luisa728
on 10/12/15 7:59 pm

Omg I feel like a baby now!! You went through HELL!!! Lord almighty I don't think I could have gone through that!! Bless your heart! You are a fighter!! & yes that sounds about right; yes I get my fluids in for sure! I'm very faithful to my diet & plan given to me by my doctor. From the moment I wake up til I go to sleep I'm drinking water all day!! But I'll keep those helpful tips in mind & try them tomorrow. I'm already in bed & falling asleep. Hopefully I'll hear back from my care team tomorrow as well. Thanks for the story & the advice it's very much appreciated!!

Luisa

White Dove
on 10/13/15 5:35 am - Warren, OH

Muscle spasms are terrible and you are not being a baby. If you have not already done so, please go to an emergency room or urgent care and get a shot of something to stop the spasms.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Luisa728
on 10/13/15 7:30 am

I know it's still fairly early in my process but do these spasms last forever? Will I always have these spasms or will they eventually go away when my muscles get stronger??

White Dove
on 10/13/15 7:46 am - Warren, OH

It is very likely a one time occurrence. Get it taken care of

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Gwen M.
on 10/13/15 8:27 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Get yourself to ER.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Luisa728
on 10/13/15 5:51 pm

The sharp pain comes & goes. Sometimes it last into the next day but the day after it's back to normal. My nurse emailed back & said that there's no need to rush to the ER but she said its unusual for that pain to happen over & over again. Idk what to do. But for right now the pain has gone so I'm just gonna try to take it easy. It's only been 3 weeks since surgery; maybe I'm working out or moving too much & I'm not letting the muscle they cut into & had to re-sew back together heal properly.. Let's be what the next few days are like. If not I'll go back to my surgeon to see what's going on! Thanks for the advice!

My best,

Luisa

Gwen M.
on 10/13/15 5:54 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

If the pain is as bad as you say it is, go to ER.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Luisa728
on 10/13/15 6:17 pm

You're right. If there is a next time which I reallllyyyy hope there isn't; to where it happens again & I'm in that much pain. I will rush over to the ER.

Most Active