Full Liquid Stage....what is off limits?

Billy D.
on 10/13/15 7:00 pm

I can basically liquefy anything. A lean steak can go in the ninja or perhaps the Bullet with enough water and it is a liquid. If the carbs and fat are low and the protein good....what can't you liquefy? What's off limits on full liquid stage? Now I am not going to liquefy a steak or fish or a hot dog, just curious to know what Full Liquids are? My NUT said it must be thin enough that it could be sucked up in straw. That's pretty much anything.

Gwen M.
on 10/14/15 5:42 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Full liquids are things that are inherently liquids. If you have to process it, it's a puréed food.

I find your posts to be a bit concerning - it seems like you're trying to game your diet and figure out how to eat more crap than you should.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Billy D.
on 10/14/15 6:40 am
Duetoprivacy
on 10/14/15 5:58 am

The full liquid diet should be good-quality protein shakes (the only ones I like are the Premier Protein), blended soups with protein powder (low fat with no chunks), blended cottage cheese, skim milk, sugar free jello, popsicles and the like. My doctor also has blended refried beans thinned with chicken broth with melted ow fat cheese and non-fat plain greek yogurt on that list, but every doctor has a different approved list.

I've been getting tired of some of the sweeter options lately and have started relying more heavily on soups.

Billy D.
on 10/14/15 6:43 am

Me too, sweeter is tiring me. I love the Premeir Protein, Funny thing is I have been drinking those for last 3 years. Thanks

suzyq584
on 10/14/15 9:39 am

Hi Billy,

My program is pretty specific regarding the liquid post op phase. It ONLY includes protein shakes, blended and strained cream of vegetable soups, broth, SF pudding, SF jello, SF popsicles, SF applesauce, and yogurt.

Looking forward to adding in "real" foods (even if soft and mushy) 2 -3 weeks post surgery since I'll have been on liquids for over a month!

BUT...it's all working...I'm down 21 lbs as of today!!

Age: 42 | Height: 5'9 | Surgery Date: 10/08/15 | Starting Weight: 279.2 | Surgery Weight: 266 | Goal Weight:165 | Current Weight: 224.8 | WL so far: 54.4 lbs

ladygodiva1228
on 10/14/15 12:26 pm - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15
On October 14, 2015 at 2:00 AM Pacific Time, Billy D. wrote:

I can basically liquefy anything. A lean steak can go in the ninja or perhaps the Bullet with enough water and it is a liquid. If the carbs and fat are low and the protein good....what can't you liquefy? What's off limits on full liquid stage? Now I am not going to liquefy a steak or fish or a hot dog, just curious to know what Full Liquids are? My NUT said it must be thin enough that it could be sucked up in straw. That's pretty much anything.

You did get a packet when you were in the hospital for your stages and what to eat correct?

Since we have the same surgeon Dr. Pohl I would have to assume yes you did. It tells you what full liquids are and what full liquid - puree stage food are. Not sure if you are looking to go off plan or didn't bother to read the packet, but it would be best to stick to the foods that are suggested in the packet.

Full liquids are protein shakes, water, herbal tea, decaf coffee, 1 cup regular coffee, crystal light, fruit 2O, diet jell-o, chicken broth, beef broth, sugar free popsicles. That is what is listed on the week 1 full liquids

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Billy D.
on 10/14/15 12:43 pm, edited 10/14/15 5:44 am

Yes I got that and also online from Roger Williams..I think they are the same exact thing. I just wanted to know if there were more choices that may not have ended up on the list...doesn't hurt to ask. Dr Pohl was great. I understand now that they must be inherently liquid and those other things come in the Puree stage. I'm not having any hunger so far and don't need pain meds so guess he did a great job. By the way I seen your post on horses...when do you think it will be ok for me to get back, my friend has two beautiful horses..a Belgium Draft and a mixed Arabian. I grew up around horses too and love to ride..I'll bet the horse will be happy that I have already lost 19 lbs since the pre-op diet..lol.but he's huge.

ladygodiva1228
on 10/15/15 4:51 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

I was cleared at 3 months to ride, but didn't have time until just recently.

Not sure what your current weight is, but even for the draft I wouldn't put more than 250lbs on him. Drafts were bred for pulling not so much riding. Not saying they can't be, but just because they weigh 2000lbs doesn't mean you can put a 400lbs person on them.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Billy D.
on 10/15/15 10:19 am

He's a big boy probably 1800 lbs I'd have to ask, his owner is bigger than me...he uses him to pull a cart but I am not about to ride anytime soon. Today I was at work and for the 1st time since surgery that my wounds hurt, they feel like pinchy? Odd that they don't shave you and the hairs on chest are on the glue part and they hurt. I cannot fathom up and down of the horse..lol. I will stick to the golf cart for now. He can pull a 7500 lb load on cart but that strength is way more than on his back, his owner is about 325 and he has no problem at all. The last time I rode him I was just getting off of one of my many diets and was in the 260's. I don't run him..just took him for a swim into the pond, he loves that. He'll try to run when it's time to eat back towards the stable but being heavy I always had to slow him up because it's more painful for me than him. At the rate I'm going now I'll probably be under 250 by Spring...I hope! I am not the type to cheat on diet, not after all this. Thanks!

Most Active