Encourageing Myself

cmcelfish
on 11/13/15 8:53 am

I needed to remind myself how important Nd life or death this surgery is.I decided to clean out my closet today.I have a collection of sizes from 56 pants and shirts down to 42 and 4 x shirts down to XL. The 42 &44 I have never worn I have two pair of pants 2 pair of shorts and 4 shirts that fit. This brings me to tears I let myself get this large. 

I needed this push because I am having a down day The diet is going well lost 8 pounds this week and surgery is 3 months away. My problems are doctors not my surgery doctor an orthro doctor I have been seeing for 3 years an a doctor she sent me to because I was to large for her to do my 3 rd hip surgery on the same hip. The second doctor came into the exam room looked at me and said you have to be kidding me no way I operate on you. I said the first doctor has me on the surgery list in 3 days. He told me he would not touch me unless I loose  at lease 80 pounds. This doctor ripped the papers out of my hands and walked out did not see him again.He told me to go on a max 800 cal a day diet unsupervised I need a letter of medical necessity from one of them about the need to loose 80 pounds. Each doctor says its the others job to write the letter.I have called pleaded. Begged both to write the letter won't even call me back. I have been real nice until yesterday I still was getting the run around I told them I have been dealing with pain infection and my life on hold for 5 years than I had a melt down I fell apart emotionally.  

Today is another day no movement on the letter just needed to remind myself what I am fighting for.

Joe

joanne0658
on 11/13/15 9:21 am

be a persistent, slow drip until you get your letter.   breaking down is not an option . . . .stand or sit strong, smile until it becomes real and please persist.  no giving up, be your best and true cheerleader . . . . and persist . . . . this is your baby, your journey and you can totally nail it . . .  .good thoughts and prayers for kick butt strength sent your way. listen to positive, even funny music . .  like eric idle's "bright side of life" . . . and you can whistle and sing on your way to pick up your letter!!!! 

jo 

Age: 60 | Height: 5'3.5 | Surgery Date: 07/24/15 | Starting Weight: 292 | Surgery Weight: 267 | Goal Weight:150 | Current Weight: 149 | WL so far: 143 lbs

cmcelfish
on 11/13/15 2:11 pm

Thank you for the support means alot take care.  Joe

psychoticparrot
on 11/13/15 1:50 pm

Don't fall apart, Joe. Get angry. Be a squeaky wheel. Make their lives a misery every day with multiple phone calls and visits (if you can****il they get so tired of you, they give you what you want just to get rid of you! Go over their heads and contact their bosses, too. They hate that!

I know, that's not what a patient should have to do to get proper medical care, but if that's what it takes, then do it.

My first (prospective) bariatric surgeon and his assistant were so difficult to reach and get answers out of, I had to make multiple phone calls to get a response. Generally, they ignored any and all of my questions. When they didn't respond, I called his associates' offices and begged them to get him to call me. I made sure I was a pain in their butts every day until I got answers. In the end, though, I got so tired of this kind of treatment that I lost all confidence in the surgeon and switched to another closer to home, who ended up being the best possible choice I could have made.

So I understand your frustration. Is there any way you can find a new and more sympathetic surgeon? These goofballs don't sound like they're worth the effort. If this is how they treat you before surgery, you have to question their skills along with their ethics.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

cmcelfish
on 11/13/15 2:17 pm

Thanks for your support. My doctor and staff doing the sleeve are great help in any way . The doctor office the hip surgen is gone I will find a hip doctor who cares  Thank you.   Joe

cmcelfish
on 11/13/15 3:30 pm

Just got a call from my orthro doctor she has agreed to write my letter of medical necessity will have it within a week. Big step towards surgery 

Our journey is one step at a time this one was a big step. 

Thanks to all for support

Joe

joanne0658
on 11/15/15 7:25 am

what a difference a day makes . . . .

i'd switched employers so had to jump thru different hoops . . . making my surgery date 7/24/15 (in lieu of 12/6/14 with the former employer's med coverage).  thank God for the delay. hubby needed emergency surgery after thanksgiving last year and i was able to care for him!   so, anytime there's a blip or change in timing . . . i hold tight to the thought that i'm protected from something i had/have no clue about. 

and you, Joe, have your letter!!!!!!

j

Age: 60 | Height: 5'3.5 | Surgery Date: 07/24/15 | Starting Weight: 292 | Surgery Weight: 267 | Goal Weight:150 | Current Weight: 149 | WL so far: 143 lbs

Most Active