Discouraged, Hungry, ability to eat

kayalabama
on 11/24/15 8:58 pm

Two weeks out. I lost 15 lb in the first week on a clear liquid diet. Moved to protein shakes ect second week, gained 1 lb. 2 days into soft foods... still at same weight. AND I can eat a half cup of food. I'm really disappointed I feel hungry, Why do other people say "I can only take two bites" when I can clearly take more. Is this normal for anyone else? Or, am I just screwed, with a smaller stomach yet not small enough, and I'm still going to be fat? I'm supposed to not feel hungry, I wanted to not feel hungry. Did I go through all of this, for it to not work on me?

yesican2
on 11/25/15 8:27 am

I haven't had the surgery yet, but from what I read on this forum, this early out, excess acid can mimic true hunger.  Did your surgeon put you on an acid reducer?  My surgeon requires it for a year after surgery.

Duetoprivacy
on 11/25/15 9:04 am

Acid certainly can mimic hunger, but the strongest hunger is the head hunger. The scale is not your friend this week- your body expelled a lot of fluid and water during your first week and that gained pound is your body rehydrating. I think you should look into getting a supplemental acid reducer and maybe adding Gas-x. My sleeve rumbles something fierce a lot of the time, but it's always just the acid. As far as the soft foods go, take it slow. Eat each serving as slow as you possibly can. Take a full 20 minutes to eat 1/4 cup and then go lie down and see how you feel. Getting used to this new life takes practice. 

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 11/25/15 10:19 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Girl Hold on, its only been 2 weeks! Go easy on yourself, your body is in healing mode right now. You can't trust your stomach now, nerves have been cut. Don't compare yourself to other people, easier said than done I know, but this is your journey. 

You can take in more, DON"T. You can't trust your stomach right now, follow your Drs plan for you, get your water in. Get your protein in, it'll help in healing, but don't go nuts if you can't get it all in. Acid mimicks hunger, are you on a ppi? Head hunger is different from physical hunger & can be a pain in the ass to work thru.

This will work for you, but you have to be patient. Good Luck in your weight loss journey.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

kayalabama
on 11/25/15 10:35 am

Okay.Thanks guys for comments. Yes, I am on Prilosec. But I think I need to try to eat slower when I eat. and not let it get to the point I feel it in my throat, I assume I'm full then.. Today so far, I woke up to finally 2 lbs down from the 1 lb gain. But I have been a bit nauseous. So, I need to slow down. and stop worrying so much. I feel fine.. I know it's just been two weeks and a day from major surgery, I forget that because I don't feel that way.

Most Active