2 weeks post op

CALINATE
on 11/30/15 12:18 pm - Opp, AL
VSG on 11/17/15

OK I have had a lot of problems. I am still in pain and not even able to lay on my bed. It feels like my stomach is ripping apart. I try to take aa swallow of whatever I am drinking every 5minutes. This is how I am getting my fluids. Forget the protein. I am trying to let at least one of my 1/2 liquids be the shake but omg it nauseates me so bad. If I drink one swallow too much then I have severe and pain and nausea. I have talked to my doctor about all of these issues and he says its normal. Nothing to worry about. Just worry about my fluids now and try for the one shake. He said that I have a small sleeve and all this was to be expected. Well I certainly didn't expect this. This is awful and had I know how bad this would be pre-surgery it might have affected how I felt about the surgery. At least prepared me some. Oh I knew it would be bad but not this bad. Is this really normal How much longer will I feel like subhuman? Any advice?

alouisa63
on 11/30/15 1:08 pm - Farmington Hills, MI
VSG on 07/30/15

I'm sorry you're having a hard time :(  Have you tried the liquids at different temps?  I know that I was only able to handle lukewarm or room temperature things at about two weeks.  I know find that I need a cup of tea in the morning before i eat food or i have  hard time with it.

Starting Weight 375  SW 375 Height 5'9" 

CALINATE
on 11/30/15 1:12 pm - Opp, AL
VSG on 11/17/15

Yes only room temp beverages agree with me. Water and Powerade zero seem to stay the best. Any tips on how to get the protein in. I was supposed to started mashed foods Saturday and scrambled eggs. I can't get it down. Seems to lodge in my throat after 2 small bites. At least I haven't been hungry 

alouisa63
on 11/30/15 1:48 pm - Farmington Hills, MI
VSG on 07/30/15

For me, Pureed cottage cheese went down well but I had to thin it out with a little milk.  Chocolate pudding with protein powder went down ok too.  I also had strained (no chunks) of a fat free cream soup or black bean soup that I added protein to.  The first time I had eggs I had a hard time choking those down.

CALINATE
on 11/30/15 1:51 pm - Opp, AL
VSG on 11/17/15

What kind of protein powder can you add to the pudding ? My doctor has me on bariatric advantage they are expensive and nasty. Any ideas?

alouisa63
on 11/30/15 1:54 pm - Farmington Hills, MI
VSG on 07/30/15

I mixed the pudding with my premier protein and for the soup I added Unjury unflavored

CALINATE
on 11/30/15 1:58 pm - Opp, AL
VSG on 11/17/15

OH? Where did you purchase those if you don't mind me asking?

mictariam7
on 12/4/15 3:23 pm

Thank you for reminding me of the Unjury powder alousia.  I forgot all about that.  It would be a good way to get in some protein with my chicken broth.

M

cornbella
on 11/30/15 5:10 pm
WLS on 11/17/15

I will be 2 weeks tomorrow and I have been posting since Friday because my abdominal pain hasn't gotten any better.  I was told by the surgeon today that the hole on the left where they take the stomach out is much larger than the rest and inside it is sutured to the abdominal muscles.  He said mine is probably sutured next to or on a nerve which is why I am still having such excruciating pain.  This might be the same for you.  He said it wasn't normal but also not unusual?  I can't roll out of bed, standing from a sitting position hurts as well as bending over (impossible)  The only cure is for the suture to dissolve. 

IF your pain continues like this keep calling your surgeon.  Also, make use of your dietician, she/he might have some suggestions for food.  I couldn't tolerate the protein shakes anymore, not after 2 weeks of them, too sweet so they let me advance to soft foods and it helped with my nausea a lot.  CALL THEM!  That's what we paid for, right?  People have been telling me this all weekend and its the best advice I ever got.

CALINATE
on 11/30/15 7:08 pm - Opp, AL
VSG on 11/17/15

Thank you very much. I have an appt in the morning and will definitely be asking about this. Thank you very much!!!

Most Active