Only 3 more days!

Tink3125
on 11/27/15 12:54 pm
VSG on 12/01/15

I can't believe it is almost here! Surgeon did let me eat Thanksgiving yesterday. I was very good and ate very small. Back to the protein shakes today and tomorrow. Sunday will be all clear liquids. Surgery is at 7:30 am and have to be at the hospital at 5:30 am. It's a 2 hr drive there so we will leave around 3:30 am. Think I've got everything that I will need when I get home. I'm not really scared of the surgery, after 3 knee replacements this should be nothing. It's the after surgery and throwing up that I dread. I always get sick after surgery. I told the anesthesiologist and he will give me everything he can so I don't get sick but it never helps.

I do have a question on has anyone used a binder around their stomach after surgery? I think most bypass patients use them but haven't really seen anything on here about using them.

Tink

(deactivated member)
on 11/27/15 1:57 pm

I wish you all good luck with your surgery Tink. I hope by some chance this anesthesiologist has something new that will stop you feeling sick. For myself I could not imagine wearing a binder any time soon after surgery with a puffed up swollen sore abdomen full of gas. Let us know how you do.

psychoticparrot
on 11/27/15 2:28 pm

I didn't have a stomach binder post-op and never heard of anyone who did. If you feel the need for one, I'm sure the nurses will find one for you. Good luck with your surgery.

BTW, after three knee replacements, I hope that fourth leg holds out! 

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

LS2dv8
on 11/27/15 2:30 pm

Congrats on your upcoming surgery.   No binder here!  My clothing post surgery was maxi  dresses :) nothing tight! 

Good luck! 

LS2DV8

Neesie57
on 11/27/15 3:09 pm
VSG on 08/04/15

I did have a binder after surgery and don't know what I would have done without it.  One of my incisions was pretty painful and putting pressure on it helped a lot.  If I didn't have the binder on, I would put pressure on the incision with my hand.  

I, like you have had knee replacements, one on each knee.  Since my, so far, 70 pound loss, my knees feel so much better.  The knee replacements were great before the VSG, but now they are spectacular!

Good luck!

5' 5" tall. VSG on August 4, 2015/ Starting weight 239.9/ Surgery weight 210.9/ Current weight 137.4/ Goal weight 140/ No longer overweight, now a NORMAL weight. Now that I'm at goal, it's time to move on to maintenance!!!!!!!!

b3th2882
on 11/27/15 4:05 pm

My surgeon had a binder on me as soon as I woke up and told me I could take it off before I left the hospital. He said it was purely for my comfort, so if it bothered me I didn't have to wear it. 

Ive been wearing it to bed, but over a tank top. I have skin irritations/small rash in some spots from using it on my skin directly. It's great at night, I recommend it!

good luck!!!

VSG Surgery date: 11/23/2015, 33yr F, HW: 278.2

Starlene02
on 11/27/15 9:13 pm
VSG on 11/11/15

My hospital did a very good job of controlling the pain and nausea. They took good care of me. As far as the binder they don't offer or provide the binders but they are available upon request where I had my surgery. I never requested one or used one though. A pillow against my abdomen seemed to work just fine for me. Good Luck to you!

If you feel like quitting, think of why you started.

Delta0712
on 11/28/15 12:26 pm
WLS on 12/03/15

Congrats Tink, I'm 5 days away and have been struggling with the pre-op diet. I joined this site because I found comfort in reading that I wasn't the only one sick of the diet shakes! Lol I did cheat and I felt SOOO lousy after. I'm both excited and nervous about it! Good luck with your procedure!

Most Active