cheat before surgery :(

momof4mn
on 12/7/15 7:17 am - Minnetonka, MN
VSG on 12/10/15

I have surgery this Thursday!!  Work Xmas party was this past weekend...  everything was preordered (mine was suppose to be soup).  That didn't happen.  So I ended up with Chicken breast, sweet potatoes and water to drink.  I chose not to eat any other thing that was offered including the beautifully prepared desserts everywhere.  I have been on my 2 week pre op liquid diet (strictly shakes and liquid only) and now I feel bad.  Also, worried this might affect my surgery.  Any thoughts or comments (good or bad) would be appreciated... 

Stephanie

Age: 40 Height: 5'9" Highest Weight: 360 Current Weight: 326 Goal Weight: 170

Sandra F.
on 12/7/15 7:23 am

I think you will be fine if you stick to the plan from here on out.

momof4mn
on 12/7/15 8:11 am - Minnetonka, MN
VSG on 12/10/15

THanks, I plan to. :)

Stephanie

Tink3125
on 12/7/15 8:37 am
VSG on 12/01/15

The 2 week diet is to shrink your liver it's not a diet. One meal like you ate will not effect your liver. I was allowed to eat a small meal on thanksgiving and my surgery was on the 30th. I am one week post op and have lost 20 lbs. 

momof4mn
on 12/7/15 10:32 am - Minnetonka, MN
VSG on 12/10/15

Great job on your surgery, and #20 down!!  I just hope that I will be just as successful as you and everyone on here.  Glad I joined.

Stephanie

psychoticparrot
on 12/7/15 2:01 pm

Just a thought: Discard terms like "cheating" and "feeling bad." Use terms like "decisions" and "resolve." You (and I) need to discard our old ways of looking at food. We are in a battle for our health and our quality of life, and for me, life itself. We need to adopt more deliberate and resolute methods of dealing with bad foods and bad habits.

Preplanning is good -- you did that with the party -- but what is also needed is alternate strategies when, despite our best efforts, the food we don't want to eat is sometimes literally shoved under our noses. The surgery will help with the physical aspects of food restriction, but our minds must do the rest. This kind of situation will happen after surgery too, more often than we would like.

It's not too early to start planning our strategies to keep unwanted food away from us.

Best of luck with your surgery!

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

fbur182490
on 12/8/15 12:59 pm
VSG on 12/09/15

I just have to say that I love reading your posts on various topics. You seem to have such great insight and wisdom.

momof4mn
on 12/8/15 9:06 pm - Minnetonka, MN
VSG on 12/10/15

Thank you so much for the encouragement and wisdom.  I have been on track ever since the party and tomorrow is my last day of the old me!!  I am super excited for surgery Thursday.  Love this group.

Stephanie

Most Active