Gallbladder?

Allison L.
on 1/12/16 4:35 pm - Berkeley, CA

Hi all! I'm wondering if I'm having gallbladder issues and thinking I should've had it out when I got the VSG. I'm having ribcage pain, predominantly on the right side but occasionally on the left, and a little bit of shortness of breath. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow, but am hoping y'all might chime in with your wisdom ...

happyteacher
on 1/12/16 4:53 pm

I just had mine out. Pain right side ribcage, yep. Left side, yes but the doc didn't think that was gallbladder but stomach issues. No shortness of breath. If it is problamatic, get it out with vsg and save yourself an extra surgery!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

psychoticparrot
on 1/12/16 6:14 pm, edited 1/12/16 10:14 am

Oh no! Another gall bladder post! I hope if that's what is causing your problems, it will be easily resolved with surgery. 

The gall bladder is my big worry right now. I have no symptoms, but I'm almost a year post-op (a prime time for the gb to give up), and I'm in Nicaragua till April. I have an emergency gall-bladder sheet that in English and in Spanish that I hope I'll never need to use.

Buenas noches, everyone!

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

Tink3125
on 1/12/16 6:37 pm
VSG on 12/01/15

Envious of you being in Nicaragua! I bet it is beautiful!

CAPoppy
on 1/13/16 12:43 am
VSG on 04/27/15

I just had my gallbladder out on December 1st, and it was easy! 

My symptoms were chest pain and stomach (sleeve?) pain. My chest would tighten up and I felt like I could breathe. It would happen after I ate. 

I was sleeved 4-27-15. I called my surgeon complaining on 11-23-15 and they saw me the same day. They said if I had another attack to go to the emergency room.  I had an ultrasound of my gallbladder 11-24-15 and then when to work where I ate some cottage cheese and then had an attack. So I left work and went across the street to the hospital. I called my surgeon from the ER as they were giving me pain meds and he saw as his first patient the next morning. I was scheduled for surgery right then and there. Between 11-24 and my surgery on 12-1 I didn't eat though. The attacks sucked and I couldn't take it. So I got my gallbladder out and lost 17 lbs!. 

Allison L.
on 1/13/16 3:27 am - Berkeley, CA

Thanks everyone! Fingers crossed for tomorrow .... Chest pain worries me!

Luvmygs
on 1/13/16 12:03 pm
VSG on 12/04/14

Allison, so good to see you back on the blog. Sorry you're having issues. Did you surgeon have you on any gallbladder medication right after surgery? I'm just curious, because my surgeon had me meds for almost 3 months. I'm hoping I don't have gallbladder problems. One never knows. So, did you have your baby? Girl / boy? Where are you pictures. Wishing you well Allison and hoping the doctor will have answers. Christine

Allison L.
on 1/13/16 12:08 pm - Berkeley, CA

Allison L.
on 1/13/16 12:09 pm - Berkeley, CA

Thanks, Christine! Glad to be back. :) Pictures are below/above (not sure which). I wasn't on any gallbladder meds and things seem to have calmed down. I had to reschedule the appointment for next week, but I am still going to get it checked out. How are you doing? BTW, he's a boy ... Baz Franklin Sandler, now 4 1/2 months old. :)

Luvmygs
on 1/16/16 10:39 am, edited 1/16/16 2:39 am
VSG on 12/04/14

OMG Allison he's adorable! His smile is precious. Congratulations. You look wonderful and your pictures are beautiful. I'm happy to hear that you're feeling better. I think it would be wise to continue with a check up. Life is good and I'm great. I stopped losing weight but I'm maintaining as long as I stay with protein first and make healthy choices. I do cheat occasionally, but I'm trying very hard to stop that habit. So good to hear from you. Enjoy your son. Kids are wonderful. Take care.   Christine

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 30 views