Falling

Oliviawashere
on 1/5/16 10:45 am

For the past few months I have been on quite the roller coaster. I am approaching my 1 year surgeraversery. However, I am starting to gain weight back, with the horrible & awful food choices I have been making.

I had started having gallbladder attacks, so was forced to go on a low-fat diet, & from what I found low-fat diet = higher carbs. I was an avid low carber. So now, I found myself getting vastly addicted to the bread & pastas, & **** food I shouldn't eat.

Fast forward to getting my gallbladder out. Fat, more fat, and deliciousness is all I've been wanting. Christmas cookies, Christmas appetizers, pizza, ect. & I've been finding these things in my mouth.

I should mention, I'm pregnant, so here I am thinking hey whatever. I talked to my surgeon though, and he expected me to lose 25lbs up until my 3rd trimester. That'd be lovely, I'd take it. My ob said, i'd be happy if you didn't gain. So here, I am. GAINING.

I need a grip on reality. I need to go back to eating healthier and better. Not just for me now, but for this baby too.

Help!

Tracy D.
on 1/5/16 11:07 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

The good news, Olivia, is that you've recognized the problem, you know exactly what led up to it (eating ****ty food = high carb, sweets, etc.) and you have great motivation to get this weight off and get healthy (a baby is coming!). 

You're going to have to de-carb big time and that's going to mean white-knuckling it for the first 5-7 days.  Get ALL the crap food out of your house - all of it! When you get hungry or get cravings during this de-carb process eat some avocado, olives or nuts. Foods higher in fact make us feel more satisified.  Just do this until you get past the white-knuckle stage and then rein that back in too.  

It's going to be much easier to get back on track now that the holidays are over...and it's going to be easier now before the baby arrives.  Get on it, girl!  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Mary Gee
on 1/5/16 1:19 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

I hear you.  My trouble started when I added "Low Carb Pita Bread" to my program.  Everything went to hell then.  Once the Carb Monster is awakened, you are in deep trouble.  You start craving everything...Rolls, bread, rice and pasta.  I stopped losing weight totally, and after a few months, I started gaining.  I was okay with five pounds...but next thing I knew it was 15 pounds.  After several attempts, three weeks ago I finally got hold of myself and went cold turkey off the carbs, and I've lost just about all the weight I gained.  I am determined to get to goal.  A WW commercial with Oprah really struck a chord with me:  "If not now, when?"  My restriction is still there....so I'm back to eating dense carbs first - and I pay attention when eating - the dense protein really fills me up quickly.  I'm back to following my program and losing weight - and I'm loving it.

It's not easy, but when you're ready, you'll do it.  (I wish I was ready earlier!!)

Best of luck to you.

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Most Active