going on 3 years

sweettooth58
on 1/31/16 6:05 am - IL

For everyone out there I just want you to keep this in mind...weight loss surgery is not going to help you if you do not change your life style and eating habits. The weight is easy to loose at first but after a few years you can be right where you started from.

So today if you are not going to change your eating habits and life style don't waist you time with surgery...

This is a tool to help not the real problem...

Good luck to everyone....

Post op 3 years and struggling with weight loss again

iloveravens
on 1/31/16 6:32 am
RNY on 08/13/14

If I hadn't found this site pre-op, I'm almost certain I'd be on my way there too.  No one really prepares you for after the initial honeymoon period.  I now tell myself that I'm basically on a diet for the rest of my life.  Good luck.

Lanie; Age: 43; Surgery Date (VSG): 8/12/14 w/complications resulting in RNY next day;

Height: 5' 6" SW: 249 Comfort Zone: 135-140 CW: 138 (10/13/17)

M1: -25 lbs M2: -12 M3: -13 M4: -7 M5: -11 M6: -10 M7: -7 M8: -7 M9: -3 M10: -8 M11: -4 M12: -4

5K PR - 24:15 (4/23/16) First 10K - 53:30 (10/18/15)

sweettooth58
on 1/31/16 7:44 am - IL

We need a forum for after the honeymoon is over

frisco
on 1/31/16 9:13 am
On January 31, 2016 at 3:44 PM Pacific Time, sweettooth58 wrote:

We need a forum for after the honeymoon is over

Check out the maintenance group at the bottom of my sig.

Great maintainers with real life goods and bads.

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

sweettooth58
on 1/31/16 4:23 pm - IL

Thanks ill do that

acbbrown
on 1/31/16 6:45 am - Granada Hills, CA

What are you struggling with specifically? It's definitely not easy. I found out the hard way a couple years post op. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

sweettooth58
on 1/31/16 7:45 am - IL

Hang in there, and stay strong...

White Dove
on 1/31/16 6:50 am - Warren, OH

I get up every day and start over, one day at a time.  I can eat less food every year.  I weigh myself every morning.  I plan high protein, low carb meals, I wear my fitness tracker, I go to the gym, I do my best to use my gift of weight loss surgery wisely.

The one thing that I have learned through my years of fighting regain is that calories are the only thing that really matters.  If I eat too many I gain, if I eat less than I need, I lose.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

sweettooth58
on 1/31/16 7:42 am - IL

you are so right and that's what I do everyday too. This is a life long battle and I am winning it once and for all. I just want everyone out there to know that if you are not willing to change for the rest of your life its not going to work...Stay strong

psychoticparrot
on 1/31/16 8:00 am

Thank you for reinforcing my conviction that the way I eat now is the way I'll eat for the rest of my life -- lean protein, low-carb vegetables, and a little fruit. I'm exercising regularly for the first time in many, many years and am enjoying that I can now move my body with minimal pain. Don't ever want to stop doing that!

Good luck to you with your ongoing weight loss.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 51 views