Burping

Michmanbigboy
on 2/7/16 8:30 am - Whitmore Lake, MI

Not sure if this subject has been discussed or not yet? But I am just shy of 7 months out from my surgery date and I have burping like crazy for the last month or so. Is anyone else going through this and if so how long did it last? 

Jbags58
on 2/7/16 11:01 am - Stockton, CA

You may be eating too fast. I didn't have the same surgery but I am 12 years out and have learned alot.  One thing I learned is to NOT let yourself get to hungry because we tend to eat to fast and that could cause the burping and or food getting stuck or something us oldtimers used to call the foamies.  Hang in there and this too shall pass. If it continues, please talk to your doctor...but probably nothing wrong.

You've done great!  KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! :)

Julie ( an OG of the Gastric Bypass) 12 years out this month and still going strong through all the ups and downs and joined this site when Kay first started it! :)

HANG ON TIGHT because it is going to be ONE AMAZING RIDE!!  :)

~~ Julie ~~

mmsmom
on 2/7/16 11:12 am - Woburn, MA

sometimes i feel very full and a big bubble comes up and gives me relief - i guess i'm like a baby that needs a burp, lol

VSG on 04/28/2014

psychoticparrot
on 2/7/16 4:18 pm

Maybe you're eating something different that's causing the burps. I love red radishes, but they make my burp bigtime. Doesn't stop me from eating them, though. 

Some fresh vegetables and fruits, spicy foods, and carbonated drinks (which are not the best idea) can all cause burping in addition to the reasons others gave.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 50 views