Getting Ready for my 2 Week Prep Diet

Dsmgold
on 2/8/16 6:50 am
VSG on 03/01/16

Goodness, there seems to be a lot of stress involved in getting ready for my 2 week prep diet.  My wife and I sat down and planned my first four days menus.  Then we went to the store to look for vitamins and such. 

Wow, the Vitamin area of the Store is overwhelming.  Seems like most of the chewable multivitamins are gummies and the doctor advised to stay away from gummies. I finally found some Centrum Silver Chewable. 

I've been reducing my calorie intake down in advance of this stage, and my insulin needs are also coming down.  This morning I woke up at a blood sugar of 60 so I reduced my insulin (Lantus) another 10 units.

Diabetes is my biggest worry about this journey, and one of the major reasons I am pursuing this course. I've read many great accounts of people really reducing or eliminating their diabetes medicines with the reduction of carbs and portion sizes.

I ordered some UNJURY online.  I hope it gets to me before next Monday.

I gotta remember to take personal measurements and photos this next weekend.

Peace, Charlie

Bugrussell
on 2/8/16 7:53 am

You've got this. planning ahead will help you during this stage and again afterwards!  Best of luck to you.

psychoticparrot
on 2/8/16 10:37 am

If the Unjury doesn't get to you in time, you can find Premier protein shakes in almost any supermarket to hold you over till your protein arrives.

Don't stock up on too many vitamins. Your surgeon will probably want you on bariatric-strength vitamins several weeks after your surgery.

Remember, the first 2-3 days of the pre-op diet are hardest. After that it gets easier, though never easy. Sounds like you've got everything arranged nicely. Good luck!

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

Steph Meat Hag
on 2/9/16 8:20 am - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

I start my pre-op for VSG at the end of the month.  I did one with my lap band and the first couple days sucked because your brain will play tricks on you.  Be prepared for your brain to beg for more food, insist your hungry like your dying, and when you hold out don't be susprised if you start the... But you'll never be able to have X again game.  That game is a hard one cause it can make you feel unsure about your upcoming procedure.  

If there is any one food item/restaurant that has been nagging at you go have it before you start the pre-op have it and then "let it go". Say good bye to whatever your crazy vise is, it's not forever, it may be awhile or you may decide it's not worth it.

Good luck!

Age:40|Height: 5'9"|Lap Band 2/11/08 |Revision VSG 3/14/16

The cake is a lie, but Starbucks is not.

https://fivedaymeattest.com

Most Active