Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Thursday

psychoticparrot
on 2/11/16 11:54 am

Being a bird nerd has helped me with my food choices. Today I had a 6-inch Subway sub, eating only the good stuff and not the bread. Even if I had been tempted to eat the bread, the plight of a lone pigeon that had somehow gotten itself stranded inside the local mall food court touched my heart and decided the fate of my bread. I tore each bun half into two pieces and in front of any number of people watching, threw the pieces up onto a platform suspended from the ceiling where the pigeon was looking hungrily at all the food but too afraid to fly down. My first throw missed and nearly hit two well-dressed women having a business lunch. I muttered my apologies, picked up the bread and this time successfully hurled it onto the platform. The other throws were also successful. The pigeon immediately disappeared into the platform to eat the bread. Temptation removed! Two weeks ago I fed a stray dog all the chicken from my Caesar salad. Not as wise a choice, nutritionally, but I made up for it later with a few eggs. I just can't stand the sight of hungry animals!

B: Fresh papaya and pineapple, black coffee

L: Meat, cheese, lettuce and tomato from a Subway sub. The bun was for the birds!

D: Chicken (Yes, I do see the irony), steamed carrots and zucchini, a few bites rice

S: Coffee w/almond milk

W&V: On track; done.

E: 1-mile walk. 1/2 hour lap swim planned for later.

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

mmsmom
on 2/11/16 12:26 pm - Woburn, MA

B:  cored out bagel with cc - probably about 1/2 or less than that with the coring out

L:  chicken greek salad - couldn't get much in

D:  roast beef, veg

S:  animal crackers (they went in just fine : /  )

E:  not to speak of

V:  need multi

L:  good

VSG on 04/28/2014

L. 68
on 2/11/16 1:41 pm

Psychoticparrot,

breakfast = large black coffee from home 

while driving to work stopped at mcdonalds for my medium coffee with 3 creams and 2 sugars and a sausage egg and cheese mcmuffin

snack = a large cup of dandelion tea (heard its good for the liver)

a protein shake Premier Vanilla

lunch = a 1.5 oz bag of goldfish baked snack crackers

then went out in the cold to pick up a hearty chicken (jamaican style soup)  i always order it with more chicken and no potatoes dumplings or yams just chicken and the broth with some carrots.

then i came back to work and having black coffee and 2 sixteen oz bottle of water and another bag of 1.5 oz godfish baked snack crackers

not sure whats for dinner yet

Are You full ? satisfied? or uncomfortable?

v =  all of them (multivitamin, vitamin d, biotin, calcium/vitamind3 and b12)

e = cant do a lick due to my back problems aarrggg

w = working on it 32 oz down 32 more to go i usually get more in before bed.

I didn't have my surgery yet March 1st is the day  i would love to come back to this and compare when im post op at the eating regular food stage.  

i think i can do it  no i know ican do it  cause right now feel stuffed and uncomfortable and i never want to feel this way again i need my tool the one i have now is not working (not my fault) so its just an empty(unfilled) band leaving me all alone..  

Just wanted to actually write down what i ate so far ...

"Your not a failure if you fall your a failure if you fall and don't get up"

" Beauty is Pain"

psychoticparrot
on 2/11/16 2:15 pm

I've been coming to this site since around October 2014. Had my surgery in February 2015. This "Watcha Eating?" thread has been "carried" by various members through the years. When I hit a stall in Aug/Sep of last year, I reviewed some of my and others' entries on this topic to see what and how much I was eating compared with earlier periods of rapid weight loss. They revealed some of my mistakes and helped get me back on track.

The best way to keep track of what you eat is on a site like myfitnesspal.com. Start now, even if you're still eating pizza and M&Ms, to get into the habit. You can review both there and here what you eat to make sure you stay on plan. Use every means of accountability you can find, pre- and post-surgery. 

Good luck with your surgery!

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

L. 68
on 2/11/16 5:01 pm

Thank You and i will.  Sometimes my brain feels like its always calculating foods with all the diets pills no eating tricks i have been on i should know this by now i realize now that what ever i put in my mouth must be accounted for.  for instance on my way home from work i stopped at a gas station (7-11) you know not just gas ha so while im paying for my gas i ate 4 little snickers that was on the counter first i popped one in my mouth than i asked how much they were he said 25.  so instead of giving the man 25 cent i unwrapped 3 more to make it an even dollar why oh why arrgggg  i know im not counting calories now or anything but i better get back on the ball game i have 2 more weeks left and i dont have to do a two week liquid diet (im a lightweight) i wish i could sleep until the morning of March 1.  i better get a grip..   

Thanks again and i will definately keep a journal starting today...

"Your not a failure if you fall your a failure if you fall and don't get up"

" Beauty is Pain"

lxl_Miz_lxl
on 2/11/16 3:39 pm
VSG on 01/11/16

ha .. I can just imagine the startled look on their faces

B: chocolate muscle milk 100

S: chicken bone broth

L: cream puff protein shake

S: cinnabon coffee with vanilla premier for creamer

D: egg and cottage cheese concoction .. the last it of, thank goodness! 

S: If feeling peckish - sf jilly's jello cup or bone broth

V/W: done

E: 20 minutes on the pedal exerciser 

Neesie57
on 2/11/16 8:32 pm
VSG on 08/04/15

B: scrambled egg, ½ slice of bacon, 2 grapes

L: ½ chicken skewer, with a couple more grapes

S: light string cheese

S: small piece of flatbread pizza

D: roast beef with carrots and brussels sprouts

E: 12,000 steps at Disneyland

V: on track

W: way more than 64 oz.

5' 5" tall. VSG on August 4, 2015/ Starting weight 239.9/ Surgery weight 210.9/ Current weight 137.4/ Goal weight 140/ No longer overweight, now a NORMAL weight. Now that I'm at goal, it's time to move on to maintenance!!!!!!!!

Most Active