I'm sleeved & needs some reccomendations

healthymekg
on 2/12/16 1:37 pm

Hi everyone!  I was sleeved on Monday 2/8 and so far this week I am feeling better everyday.  I hate to admit but I am already sick of protein shakes, but I do know they are very important and will continue.  I am on the liquid/creamy diet until 2/22.  Can you give me some ideas of what you had during this phase?  I am having trouble thinking outside of the sample menu they gave me...jello, yogurt, cream of wheat, and watered (milked) down mashed potatoes and broth.  Up until today I was treating my protein shake as a meal, and I'm not going to lie...I was hungry several times.  I then re-read my booklet and noticed that the protein drinks are just supplemental and I should be eating something at each meal. 

Let me know if you have any other ideas that I am not thinking of! 

THANKS!  

lxl_Miz_lxl
on 2/12/16 2:54 pm
VSG on 01/11/16

I treated the protein drinks as the meal and drank hot broth, teas and coffee in between.

Maybe some soup with a spoonful of plain yogurt? or adding some vanilla yogurt to a shake?  

emelar
on 2/12/16 3:11 pm - TX

The protein shakes are your meals during this phase.  It's how you get the bulk of your daily protein.  Everything else is just to keep you hydrated.  I could have broth, yogurt, pudding, popsicles, fudgsicles, jello.  It's not the most exciting time post-op.  And yes, you may feel hungry.  Take your PPI/antacid and try to muscle through it.

I also suggest you drop the cream of wheat and mashed potatoes.  They're not foods that fit in your post-op life right now, although I know they're on many doctors plans.

L. 68
on 2/12/16 4:08 pm

Congratulations First Off

Im getting sleeved on March 1 and i stay on this board to get help suggestions samples ideas ect..   Some one wrote here that UNJURY chicken soup is great it takes you away from all that sweet tasting protein shake i just ordered the sample pack its like 22.00 its advertised on this site at the home page right next to the Premier shakes which i already purchased from costco and i love them,,  I havent seen unjury in costco i dont even know if they sell them in stores so i just ordered them..  actually i should ask my cousin she also mentioned them she had rny 13 years ago and she said they were delicious.  i think your craving a little something that taste like food (salt) instead of sugar i know that can get boring.   in the meantime get some chickn broth at least its hot and you can add some non flavored protein powder for consistency ...  Hope this helps keep up the good work you can do it.

heads up !!!!

"Your not a failure if you fall your a failure if you fall and don't get up"

" Beauty is Pain"

L. 68
on 2/12/16 4:11 pm

I FORGOT TO ADD  PEA SOUP YOU CAN FLAVOR IT YOURSELF.  GOOD PROTEIN .   I LIKE THEM ALL LIMA BEANS RED BEANS GREEN PEAS BLACK BEANS FLAVORED THE WAY YOU LIKE AND BLEND IT WELL LIKE PUREE NICE AND WARM  BUT MIGHT BE GASSY  SO HAVE SOME GAX X NEXT TO YOU...IF I THINK OF ANYTHING ELSE I WILL SEND IT TO YOU..

" Beauty is Pain"

Karen D.
on 2/13/16 9:31 am - NY
Revision on 11/24/15
On February 13, 2016 at 12:11 AM Pacific Time, Liposuction 68 wrote:

I FORGOT TO ADD  PEA SOUP YOU CAN FLAVOR IT YOURSELF.  GOOD PROTEIN .   I LIKE THEM ALL LIMA BEANS RED BEANS GREEN PEAS BLACK BEANS FLAVORED THE WAY YOU LIKE AND BLEND IT WELL LIKE PUREE NICE AND WARM  BUT MIGHT BE GASSY  SO HAVE SOME GAX X NEXT TO YOU...IF I THINK OF ANYTHING ELSE I WILL SEND IT TO YOU..

I 2nd the pea soup.  I made mine from scratch and then pureed it really good and then froze it in 1/4 cup containers.  Easy to pull out when I needed one.  I also had butternut squash, boiled and pureed.  Thinned it if it was too thick.

L. 68
on 2/12/16 4:13 pm

OH ONE MORE THING I KNOW TO SOME IT MIGHT SOUND GROSS BUT I USE TO LOVE EATING MY BABY'S (SHE'S 27 NOW ) BABY FOOD THE CHICKEN AND CARROTS  JUST SAYING AND I THINK THAT JAR IS THE PERFECT SIZE FOR YOUR TUMMY NOW ..

" Beauty is Pain"

LisaKelley
on 2/12/16 4:47 pm

I lived on yogurt and protein drinks.  Hate protein drinks.

Try applesauce.  

I also ate ricotta cheese.  I mixed it with salt, pepper, garlic powder, parsley and romano cheese.  Sometimes I topped it with tomato sauce.  It saved me.  I ate it like that..or baked it.  

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGoSSrA/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wGoSSrA/weight.png[/img]
[/url]

Sammy_85
on 2/12/16 5:04 pm - Canada
VSG on 01/19/16

I don't love my protein drinks either so instead I mix Greek yogurt with unflavoured protein powder (Syntrax Nectar is my favourite) and peach sugar free Torani syrup. It has 30 grams of protein and is low calorie and carb. It definitely counts as a meal and keeps me satisfied for hours. The syrups come in a variety of flavours so you can customize it to your tastes. Hang in there! 

ubserved
on 2/12/16 9:00 pm

When I was on the first two weeks after surgery, it was protein shakes and my zero calorie sobe life waters and that was it. Once I got to the puree's, I was doing the same as the first week but I added in some yogurt until week 5 when I added in chicken salad, tuna salad and crab salad during the soft foods phase, this is in addition to the above from the previous phases, not all at once mind you, but as from what I picked from the variety pool. I'm almost 13 weeks out from surgery and I have sliced meats and cheese, some meat loaf or chicken breast, chili, etc. Proteins first, veggies second, fruit last if any. That and my sobe's...sip sip sip and walk walk walk. Good luck.

Most Active