Walk of Shame-what helped you lose the gain.

brilynn79
on 2/13/16 7:17 pm

Hello, Old Friends.

im back for some advice, information, and accountability on back to basics.  I got too comfortable after easily maintaining for 5 years.  Last April, I took a desk job and have gained 15 lbs.  my clothes don't fit and I am starting to self loathe.

Assessing the situation, I can see how grazing, caffeine and sugar abuse during long hours, and no physical activity lead to this gain.  

First to stop it, then to reverse it.  I still have pretty good restriction, but may do cottage cheese test to see how much I can eat.  I usually eat until full and will get goalies if I'm not careful.  I know protein is the answer.  Have to decide liquids to quickly lose or just meat and greens to stay full.  Cardio and tracking are definitely in my future.

Please share what worked for you.

White Dove
on 2/13/16 7:35 pm - Warren, OH

I tried high protein, Weigh****chers, personal trainer, exercise routines and most of the diets in women' magazines and on Dr. Oz.

I finally learned that for me counting calories is the only way to lose regain.  I use My Fitness Pal and track everything.  My goal is 136.  I maintain that on 1400 calories a day.

When I stick to 900 calories a day, I lose a pound each week.  I weigh myself everyday.  It keeps me out of denial.  I do not eat to fullness, I eat a measured amount of calories and stop eating.  I avoid bread, rice, potatoes, noodles, cereal, pasta, candy, ice cream and baked goods.  

I wear a fitness tracker, aim for 10,000 steps a day.  I take my vitamins, stay at about 100 grams of protein a day, use a good food scale and drink about 100 ounces of water a day.  I gave up caffeine two years ago.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

brilynn79
on 2/13/16 8:19 pm

Happy to hear you are successful.  Thank you for your insight...That's exactly what I know I need to do...now to do it!!!!

acbbrown
on 2/13/16 7:56 pm - Granada Hills, CA

First, good for you for recognizing the problem now. Second, even better for you that you are aware of what caused it. 

However, the cottage cheese test is bull**** I can eat endless amounts of cottage cheese at 4.5 yrs out. It's not dense and doesn't trigger my restriction. Take some solid chicken or beef with no sauce and see how much sense protein you can eat. I regained 70 lbs and was for sure I stretched my stomach which hell, maybe I did but my tool still works if I work it. Eating dense protein with my meals and snacks limits the overall amount I can eat. 

I posted on the next page about losing the regain. Check it out if you're interested. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

brilynn79
on 2/13/16 8:22 pm, edited 2/13/16 12:28 pm

Thanks for the support.  Awesome job losing the regain.  I will check it out. ETA, I actually read it last night and posted a little note.  The 12 steps have worked for my brother, maybe now they will for me.

acbbrown
on 2/14/16 10:39 am - Granada Hills, CA

I was super skeptical and some what even judgmental of 12 step programs but it's turned out to be a blessing. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Grim_Traveller
on 2/14/16 5:31 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Skip the cottage cheese and liquids. Dense protein only, and track.

Tracking every calorie and really limiting carbs is what works for me. It's harder for me to exceed my calorie and carb goals if I'm actually looking at the number, than if I'm just guessing.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

brilynn79
on 2/14/16 7:49 am

Thanks for your insight.

Laura in Texas
on 2/14/16 5:33 am

"Do or do not, there is no try" Yoda

Weighing/measuring portions and tracking every bite is a good plan. Physical activity is great for your health but will not make you lose weight. It's all about what/how much you are eating.

15 is much easier to lose than 50. Forgive yourself and move on from here. Make a plan and stick to it.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

brilynn79
on 2/14/16 7:50 am

Thanks for your insight.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 59 views