Day 4 postop

Steph Meat Hag
on 3/17/16 10:39 am - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

I went in Monday morning and had my lap and removed and VSG then done.  All went well and my time in the hospital went quickly and I was able to leave the same day.  That evening I was tired and went to sleep but was up every two hours to walk walk and drink.

Day 2 I was tired and had stomach spasms that I didn't know what do do about.  I was leery to drink but I tried my best.  I was able to do most things but was happy to have someone help me get up from bed.  I started farting and burping and that was the best feeling in the world.

Day 3 I woke up perky but slowly faded over the day because I was starting to get dehydrated.  I was surprised at how little I'd drank by the evening I was only at 16oz even though it felt like I was drinking often.  I learned that writing it down was going to be needed.  Since I was napping and time wasn't on my mind the day quickly disappeared.  The gas pain started to subside and didn't get in my shoulder like last time and that was huge,

Day 4 I woke up with a major headache and knew I had to get these spasms under control and drink like I meant it.  I was able to find other OH members who'd had spams and tips on dealing with them.  Here's what I found for myself: warm is better than cold, sitting upright is important, walking and sipping at the same time helped a lot, if I felt a spasm coming on several deep breaths would stop them.  Also keeping the pepside on schedule and some tums around helps too.

I am happy to report I feel pretty darn good, I am sitting up and watching tv.  I am drinking really well and replacing a lot of fluid.  The pee is getting much lighter in color.  I got outa the house today for a short trip to the store for some gator aid and green tea.  My incisions look good and are itchy but not painful, the only one that hurts a lot is the larger one that they pulled the port from and pulled my stomach out of.  

Age:40|Height: 5'9"|Lap Band 2/11/08 |Revision VSG 3/14/16

The cake is a lie, but Starbucks is not.

https://fivedaymeattest.com

sheriberi29
on 3/17/16 11:54 am - Cleveland, TN

Thank you so much for your post ! Your doing awesome and I'm so glad . I'm praying to be getting the news that I am approved ... This is my 3 Rd try . I'm happy for you !!!!

AlishaMay
on 3/20/16 6:14 pm - Mounds View, MN
VSG on 04/16/16

Hi there, I was sleeved on Wed 3/16 and thought I'd share that my surgeon prescribed Levsin for spasms.  She has me take them every 4 hours for the first 4 days, then as needed after that.  Judging by how I feel when I wake up, I can tell the Levsin helps a ton!

As for staying hydrated, I was sent home win sleeve of med cups and a timer with instructions to take two half ounce sips every 15 min.  I started with 42 oz on day 2 while I still had the IV for backup, and them went up to 52 oz and finally 64 oz starting today and going forward.  

Hope this helps, best wishes on your recovery!

Steph Meat Hag
on 3/20/16 7:01 pm - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

Wow your my water champ!! I'm still getting there! I did clock a good amount today.  More tommrow! 

Move taken Levsin before, it's a godsend.  I had a bladder spasm issue, wonderful.

Age:40|Height: 5'9"|Lap Band 2/11/08 |Revision VSG 3/14/16

The cake is a lie, but Starbucks is not.

https://fivedaymeattest.com

Most Active