anxiety for surgery

judeloren
on 3/25/16 10:58 am

Ive done the math and I've had 6 surgeries including a lap band and removal of lap band, gall bladder and a c-section. I always get a little nervous. This time however I'm getting very anxious about possibly dying. I know there is always a risk and i assume mine is pretty small the only co morbilities i have are high blood pressure and that's pretty minor. i passed the sleep apnea test. I'm just having normal worries right? its a simple procedure right ? I go in the 30th and i will not change my mind i am so ready for this surgery i just need a little comfort i guess.

Dee R.
on 3/25/16 12:31 pm - CA

The possibility of complications are very, very small, really.  Totally normal to get nervous.  It IS major surgery.  But, look how many people on this forum have gone thru it.  And we've all survived just fine.  And you will too!! 

judeloren
on 3/28/16 6:09 am

Thank you! just what i needed to hear!

Kristi T.
on 3/25/16 12:38 pm - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

I agree with Dee R., it is major surgery but the risk is very low.  The best weapon against the fear is be informed and prepared.  You will do wonderful, keep reading the forums and ask lots of questions.  Good luck to you on this new journey in your life!

judeloren
on 3/28/16 6:09 am

thank you!

Newchapter
on 3/25/16 4:13 pm
VSG on 03/23/16

I totally get where you are coming from. Out of all the surgeries I've had, this one scared the heck out of me. I was discussing it with a good friend of mine and her response to me was that it wasn't necessarily the surgery that scared me, it was the huge lifestyle change that made me so nervous. For me, that made perfect sense. Everyone is different, but my surgery was 2 days ago. My first issue was I had read a few people didn't need any pain meds after so tried to be tough and not take any. Believe me, don't try and be tough. You gotta do what makes you comfortable. The only other things I'm struggling with is gas pain, and making sure I stay hydrated. I've even had to set a timer to remind me to drink. No matter what anyone says, you will still be nervous, we all were,  But you will do great. Just live in the moment and do what you need at that time. You got this!!  

judeloren
on 3/28/16 6:08 am

Thank you! im getting closer to the day and i am feeling a little better. I know im ready.

Most Active