Where did Kelly M go? Icon was girl with pink hair

Steph Meat Hag
on 4/4/16 1:35 pm - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

I know a few weeks back she was feeling kind down and people were offering help.  She'd been really helpful to me and I enjoyed talking with her on here.  I'm now getting back in the pace of things 3 weeks out and I just clicked to PM her and her account is gone.  Anyone know what happened?  

Age:40|Height: 5'9"|Lap Band 2/11/08 |Revision VSG 3/14/16

The cake is a lie, but Starbucks is not.

https://fivedaymeattest.com

LosinginAZ
on 4/4/16 2:14 pm

She deactivated her account. :(

Age: 34 / Height 5' 8" / Starting weight July 2015: 446.0 lbs / Surgery Date & Weight: 1/19/16 - 320.4 / Lost pre-op: 125.6lbs / Goal Weight: 180 lbs

hollykim
on 4/4/16 3:08 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On April 4, 2016 at 8:35 PM Pacific Time, YellowTJ wrote:

I know a few weeks back she was feeling kind down and people were offering help.  She'd been really helpful to me and I enjoyed talking with her on here.  I'm now getting back in the pace of things 3 weeks out and I just clicked to PM her and her account is gone.  Anyone know what happened?  

she posted some unkind comments about ppl who didn't have as much wt to lose as she does. 

She didn't like the replies she got, got her panties in a wad and deactivated. 

(deactivated member)
on 4/4/16 3:25 pm

Click on the link to be taken to Kelly M's post and subsequent replies. You will then understand.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/vsg/6003619/I-dont-mean-to -be-rude/

Steph Meat Hag
on 4/4/16 4:47 pm - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

Thanks Kairk that's just what I was looking for.  Helps explains exactly what happened.

Steph Meat Hag
on 4/4/16 5:02 pm, edited 4/4/16 10:03 am - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

Sad this happened Kelly was pretty helpful to me and I know she was having a lot of depression 3-4 weeks ago that was not in control. I was finally feeling better and sat down to really read through the forums and found that she wasn't my friend anymore and was deactivated.

It sucks as I don't think what she said was all that crazy at first glance (see sister story below). It feels like loosing 200lbs is harder than 100 at face value when you don't add other things into the equation.  I feel a gentle reminder that height is not often in somone's signature might make you realize that who your comparing weights with might have the same BMI. I wish members would remember that and realize that when people say something like she did to try some redirection, understanding, and another way to think about something.

I'm 5 9", I started my personal goal at an even 100lbs because why not and 180 sure dose sound nice at 280.  To be a normal BMI I need to move on down to about 165ish but I figure when I get to 180 I'll see how I look and feel and set another goal at that time.  So my ticker may not even suggest my real need for loss, I set it for my 100lbs goal.  I really wish we'd stop as a whole community comparing ourselves because the info we present is not the same as how another person chooses to present.

My sister today had RNY and she was at 5 6" 400lbs, she managed to get to 360 today when she went in. But she said the same thing Kelly did to me one day... "You'll have it so much easier than me" and I just redirected some of the frustration to you'll see your numbers fall faster hopefully, any amount of exercise will help you just a little bit more, and by the time were both closer to 200lbs that when the real determination will set in.  When we get there we'll really see who has it easier cause I don't think either of us will have "the advantage".

hollykim
on 4/4/16 5:15 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On April 5, 2016 at 12:02 AM Pacific Time, YellowTJ wrote:

Sad this happened Kelly was pretty helpful to me and I know she was having a lot of depression 3-4 weeks ago that was not in control. I was finally feeling better and sat down to really read through the forums and found that she wasn't my friend anymore and was deactivated.

It sucks as I don't think what she said was all that crazy at first glance (see sister story below). It feels like loosing 200lbs is harder than 100 at face value when you don't add other things into the equation.  I feel a gentle reminder that height is not often in somone's signature might make you realize that who your comparing weights with might have the same BMI. I wish members would remember that and realize that when people say something like she did to try some redirection, understanding, and another way to think about something.

I'm 5 9", I started my personal goal at an even 100lbs because why not and 180 sure dose sound nice at 280.  To be a normal BMI I need to move on down to about 165ish but I figure when I get to 180 I'll see how I look and feel and set another goal at that time.  So my ticker may not even suggest my real need for loss, I set it for my 100lbs goal.  I really wish we'd stop as a whole community comparing ourselves because the info we present is not the same as how another person chooses to present.

My sister today had RNY and she was at 5 6" 400lbs, she managed to get to 360 today when she went in. But she said the same thing Kelly did to me one day... "You'll have it so much easier than me" and I just redirected some of the frustration to you'll see your numbers fall faster hopefully, any amount of exercise will help you just a little bit more, and by the time were both closer to 200lbs that when the real determination will set in.  When we get there we'll really see who has it easier cause I don't think either of us will have "the advantage".

" redirecting " is something you do with two year olds. This is a board for adults. Not one person was any more mean to her than her post was. 

We also don't need a forum "nanny" telling anyone how and what to post.

Steph Meat Hag
on 4/4/16 7:13 pm - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

I'm not being a forum nanny if that's what your suggesting I'm being.  I say post what you like within reason, be an adult and then roll with it.  If your saying she was being one I can see that because she was suggestion that people who irritated her move to their own forum.

She spoke her mind she got some reasonable replies and then things fell apart as posts typically do. I think it sucks she said to F off and left. Her post didn't go well, so what!?!  I'm not sure who would have stepped up and agreeded with her anyway.  

However I had just had my much heavier sister say the same thing to me and but with some redirection of her thoughts she was far more understanding and felt a ton more settled.  I often think adults just don't think something all the way through (like two year olds don't either) and could use help rounding out their ideas.

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 4/4/16 9:19 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Really I think its sad whenever anyone just deactivates because they heard something they didn't like. I mean people can just take a break, just step back, come back later when they're a little more calm.

Deactivating just seems like a knee jerk reaction, which is sad cuz there is a lot of useful knowledge here & people who want to help. The help might not come wrapped up in a bow or said in a way they'd like but people can take or disregard any advice/comments given.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Steph Meat Hag
on 4/5/16 5:45 am - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

Totally agree I hate when someone especially those in need deactivate.  It's of course their choice and it was their doing no one suggested it. But if they are reading reconsider activating and just saying... That post don't go well and get bank in here.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 31 views