Day before surgery

deno
on 4/4/16 7:45 pm

Hi

I have the surgery tomorrow morning and i am kind of worried. When I met anesthesist last week he mention to stop eating or drinking after midnight. Then I met with surgery nursing and she gave me some instructions. I kind of missed it but she wrote on instructions that I should have liquid diet the day after surgery. By mistake i eat around 5pm some chicken and rice. After that i was reading the papers again and this time i find out I screw it.

Did all of yiu had a liquid diet before surgery? Any suggestions what should I do? Should I ask the surgeon to postpone the surgery? 

Thanks

D.

cheyenne000
on 4/4/16 8:52 pm, edited 4/4/16 1:53 pm
VSG on 03/25/16

You should be fine, just don't eat or drink after midnight. Some doctors want 2 weeks liquids before but some do not. Did your pre op papers say start liquids a week or so prior? If so ask your doctor. Good luck hope all goes well

Lapband - Jan 2009 weight goal reached with lapband. Revised to VSG- 1/25/16

deno
on 4/4/16 8:56 pm

Nahhh, after 5pm im putting anything on my mouth. My surgery is on 7.30am so I will have over 12 without food/drink. I hope the sergeon will be OK with that too

thanks a lot. You made me feel better ?

cupofjavaVSG
on 4/4/16 9:31 pm

GOOD LUCK

(deactivated member)
on 4/5/16 5:31 am

Well by now you should be in surgery. I hope all goes well. Do let us know what your Dr about your "mistake".

deno
on 4/6/16 7:53 pm

It was not a problem. Surgeon told me that as soon as i didnt get anything after midnight I will be fine.

the sergery went well, besides the fact that i had extreme pain when i woke up. Aftwr that the gave me some medicine and the pain went away. 

Today i am feeling good. I walked a few time. I am also eating pure food. I am heaving some pain when I eat but surgeon told me it will go away in a few days.

So far everything went great and i am glad i did it. Lets see the weight loss bow :)

thanks

cheyenne000
on 4/6/16 9:15 pm
VSG on 03/25/16

Thanks for the update! Glad all went well. 

Lapband - Jan 2009 weight goal reached with lapband. Revised to VSG- 1/25/16

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 43 views