1 year out reflection

Kara D.
on 4/20/16 2:09 am
VSG on 03/02/15

April 2nd was my 1 year anniversary from my VSG at Cleveland Clinic with Dr. Schauer. I lost a total of 82 pounds. I hoped to lose more, but I had a bit of a set back in November that lasted longer than I wanted. Instead of losing 5 to 6 pounds a month was losing only 1 or 2 pounds. I am working through my psych med issues and starting with a new psychiatrist on Thursday. 

I have gone back to exercising 4 or 5 days a week, I've started walking 2 miles a day instead of not exercising or only going 1.25 to 1.75. I finally am getting my motivation back and energy level increased. I'm bipolar and have an underlying depression that is chronic that can work against me.

My surgeon told me the next 6 months will see weight loss but after that it will be maintenance or slow down with very small amounts lost. My goal is to lose another 58 pounds, I don't expect that is the next 6, but I plan on at least half of that by October, maybe even a little more.

My labs were very good, my triglycerides were down about 40 points from 6 months ago, my cholera was down about 30 points well below 200 and everything else they checked was right in line. My goal with surgery was to avoid becoming a diabetic, get healthier, and live a long life with my wonderful husband of almost 4 years. Our new goal is to get him healthier, and if surgery is the only way to do this then we will look into that as well. He's not opposed to surgery if needed. 

Enough early morning thoughts, I'm proud of my success but I am not done. I plan to reach my goal even if it takes a couple of years because I have finally accepted it is not a race and my weight loss is different than anyone else's. Please wish me look and positive thoughts and encouragement. I need to use this forum like I did in the beginning for support!  

HW 303, pre op diet 284  CW 278

Kris R.
on 4/20/16 5:24 am - Walworth, NY

I'm thrilled for your success and your determination to keep pushing forward.  You are so right, this is not a race.  You will get there.  Best of luck to you and your husband.  

You can't take care of them, if you don't take care of you!!
Band 10/2006, removal 10/2010, VSG 02/08/2016

seabexlose
on 4/20/16 10:36 am
VSG on 04/12/16 with

Congratulations on your success so far and your determination for your future goals.  Sounds like you have all the right plans in place!

Most Active