New member - Surgery 4/28/16

Courage2Enjoy
on 4/20/16 8:58 am
VSG on 04/28/16

Hello all!  I am new to the forum/site.  I started my VSG journey Jan. 2016 at 277.  My heaviest being 282.  At my pre-op appt. with my surgeon I was 260 and surgery set for next Thursday, 4/28/16.  How exciting, scary, overwhelming, and relieving at the same time.  I started my two week pre-op diet on Friday, 4/15/16.  It hasn't been as hard as I expected but the hunger is bothersome.  My mindset is pretty spot on...I've had to go through 4 months of monitored dietitian appointments, several tests and such for insurance coverage so I am determined to not sabotage myself.  I will have occasions where I've had moments of weakness...we are a family of 5 and it's hard to make different things for them or myself so I try to just make lean meats w/ the veggies but you know how kids...and sometimes husbands can be with veggies! 

Well - I really just wanted to introduce myself.  I look forward to looking at the boards, learning and losing!

Mane2016
on 4/20/16 10:15 am

Congrats on your new journey. I'm also new and am scheduled for May 10th but I have not started my preop diet yet. I think I start at the end of the month. I am feeling all the same things you are feeling but  push forward because in a few days you will be a new you  and your family will also benefit. Stay focused. Stay positive. :)

Please keep us posted.   

seabexlose
on 4/20/16 10:42 am
VSG on 04/12/16 with

Congrats!  I had all those feelings pre-op as well.  Look forward to seeing you around here.

Courage2Enjoy
on 4/20/16 11:11 am
VSG on 04/28/16

Thank you!  Yes...I do need to push through.  One thing I found out is that the day before surgery (all liquids by the way) is also the day we're putting a lunch together for our administrative assistants.  I haven't really shared with much of my 'work family' and I know I will hear why aren't you eating?  That's all you're going to have is a drink/shake?  Ahh...it's times like that where you either want to cheat, hide or rethink...I have to remember...this is a stage and after this tool (surgery) is completed I can eat again...albeit better than before and healthier choices.

Kathy S.
on 4/20/16 2:23 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Courage2Enjoy
on 4/22/16 2:26 pm
VSG on 04/28/16

Thanks, Kathy S!  Those were some great links!

Sandra F.
on 4/21/16 6:07 am

I'm not sure how tall you are, but we started at almost the same weight (288 for me).  Welcome to the forum.  You will receive lots of good tips here throughout your journey, so it is good to keep coming back.  Good luck on the pre-op diet (it sucks, no getting around it) and your upcoming surgery. 

Courage2Enjoy
on 4/22/16 2:27 pm
VSG on 04/28/16

Thanks, Sandra!  I am 5'5...Yeah it's hard sometimes...but worth it in the end!

Most Active