My nutrition sheet for VSG

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 4/21/16 6:20 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

This is the nutrition sheet my surgeon gave me in my packet. I guess I'm happy about the options for post op diet? Not a long time on liquids

Preop is similar, 15 days before surgery have 4 protein shakes a day + 1 meal w/ veggies and 6oz of lean protein

Blog: www.thickto.fit

YouTube: Click Here!

Instagram: ThickTo.Fit

Heaviest Weight: 345 | SW: 315 | CW: 175 | GW: ~180

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 4/21/16 6:23 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

I'm a month away just about from surgery, and trying to get everything ready for post op, as well as preop. Trying to find the best protein shakes. I'm thinking I'll get some premier protein powder + some premade shakes, then pour shake into my shaker bottle and add a part of a scoop (have to figure out the math) to go from 30g protein to 40g protein

I want to do the patchMD vitamins, but I think I'll start with a normal. I did look at the bariatric advantage site and saw some there.

Also saw the calcium chews.

I have a preop meeting on I think May 12 so I imagine we'll go over more details like supplements for post op, the packet from what I can remember reading just mentions a multi

docbad32
on 4/21/16 8:37 am

Just an FYI, but don't buy too much pre-op when preparing for post-op.  I tried all the protein powders in the months leading up and stocked up on my favorites.  Bought all kinds of crap that I knew I would love.  The second I got home from the hospital, it's like they replaced my tongue as well.  NOTHING I bought pre-op was palatable.  I had to give or throw away all of my protein powders.  I mean it's good to be prepared, but don't spend a bunch on it.  There's a pretty big chance you won't be able to choke down any of it.

VSG:  3/12/15

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 4/21/16 10:27 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

true that. i already have some good proteins at home. i may as well burn those out once i am post op ... or preop even. i dont really plan on buying much, if anything. theres enough supplement stores near me to let me get stuff. pretty much just a vitamin I guess lol

im not sure how interested i am in pureed fish or chicken!

docbad32
on 4/21/16 10:36 am

Beans!  Lots of beans.  Black beans mashed up with hot sauce was a favorite.  I know they're carby, but in the mush phase there's not much better.

VSG:  3/12/15

CMR1075
on 4/21/16 7:20 pm
VSG on 01/15/16

I have to agree. Beans mashed with a little taco sauce and light cheese are a staple for me. And I bought a huge bag of protein at Sam's Club right before surgery and still have it lol. I only have shakes from that bag 3 times a week because I get tired of the same old stuff and switch things up by buying sample packs of different flavors. 

ubserved
on 4/21/16 11:44 am

Ready to drink Premier Protein Shakes at costco are what I went with and still grab, just easy, toss in fridge to get cold and they are ready when you are, even well mixed, I still get the particles in mixing the ones you make with the powder. 

NYMom222
on 4/21/16 9:37 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I would check with the dietician about doing 40g in one drink. Usually they say the body can't absorb more than 30g at a time.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

seabexlose
on 4/21/16 8:29 am
VSG on 04/12/16 with

Your diet allows more post-op than mine does!  I just was allowed sf jello at 1 week post-op.  Otherwise its shakes and soup. No meat, cottage cheese or eggs until next week for me.  I am SO looking forward to that. 

I have been enjoying this Proti-15 water enhancer that you just mix with water.  It's fruit flavored and gives 15 g protein. I was able to include that in my clear liquids phase.

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 4/21/16 10:28 am - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

so i looked this up and found i can buy on amazon, $18 for 7 packets, that sound right? that seems really high :\ i wonder if anyone has found any zero everything flavors (i know theres a bunch of liquid kinds at publix) to mix just with some unflavored protein powder, get the same thing. but then you end up with a thick grape water slurp lol

Most Active