4.5 Years out & REGAIN

nana1987
on 4/27/16 8:16 am

I had sugery on 11-17-2011 After that I spent almost 2 months at the hospital becuase I wasn't able to drink or to eat anything even water. I cried and had so many regret moments daily ( Frisco & Aline were my support here ) Everytime I used to take a very tiny sip of water I would vomit. Surgery day I was 260 lbs after less than a year I reached my goal of 160 pounds. to make story short I gained 20 lbs last year when I got married I'm addicted to choclate I have to eat it daily. I was 180 pounds when I got pregnant - Gained 30 pounds during pregnancy and lost them after 2 weeks of having my baby. My baby is 6 months now and I still weigh 180 pounds. I started coming here again to get some support and this way I'll remember what I did after surgery. So this is my 3rd day back to my Diet. Please let me know if I'm doing anything wrong. I'm trying to lose 30 pounds. Thank you so much!!!

I drink 64 oz of water daily

70 - 80 grams of protein

I don't take Vitamins since 2 years out. I stopped

Offcourse Less than 800 calories.

No Carbs. Unless I get it from Veggies or small piece of Fruit.

I get hungry fast because I have severe acid reflux.

White Dove
on 4/27/16 8:29 am - Warren, OH

Are you taking anything for reflux?

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

nana1987
on 4/27/16 8:33 am

I take Omperazole 20mg 3 times a day.

acbbrown
on 4/27/16 11:00 am - Granada Hills, CA

Try another PPI. The one you are on is the weakest and doesn't seem to be working. Other options are nexium, protonix and dexilant. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

ladygodiva1228
on 4/27/16 8:39 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15
On April 27, 2016 at 3:16 PM Pacific Time, nana1987 wrote:

I had sugery on 11-17-2011 After that I spent almost 2 months at the hospital becuase I wasn't able to drink or to eat anything even water. I cried and had so many regret moments daily ( Frisco & Aline were my support here ) Everytime I used to take a very tiny sip of water I would vomit. Surgery day I was 260 lbs after less than a year I reached my goal of 160 pounds. to make story short I gained 20 lbs last year when I got married I'm addicted to choclate I have to eat it daily. I was 180 pounds when I got pregnant - Gained 30 pounds during pregnancy and lost them after 2 weeks of having my baby. My baby is 6 months now and I still weigh 180 pounds. I started coming here again to get some support and this way I'll remember what I did after surgery. So this is my 3rd day back to my Diet. Please let me know if I'm doing anything wrong. I'm trying to lose 30 pounds. Thank you so much!!!

I drink 64 oz of water daily

70 - 80 grams of protein

I don't take Vitamins since 2 years out. I stopped

Offcourse Less than 800 calories.

No Carbs. Unless I get it from Veggies or small piece of Fruit.

I get hungry fast because I have severe acid reflux.

Well first off not taking any vitamins since 2 years out is not good. 

I highly doubt you are eating less than 800 calories if you "have to eat chocolate daily". 

Are you measuring out what you eat?  Are you eating dense protein first?  I don't think the severe acid reflux is making you hungry. 

You need to post what you are eating daily even the chocolate.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

nana1987
on 4/27/16 8:56 am

I was eating chocolate daily when I gained those 30 pounds. Now I don't eat any kind of chocolate. Plus as I mentioned previously This is my 3rd day back to eating 600 - 800 calories a day 70-80 grams of protein and less than 40 grams of carbs. Below is what I started eating again.

Yesterday:

Breakfast - An egg

Snack - Light Cheese string

Lunch - I had 4 oz orange roughy. Plus tiny bit of a salad

Diner - Same as lunch

I snacked on Another cheese string and one saltine cracker.

I finished 80 oz of water.

I don't work out

Plus I don't take vitamins because I do blood work every 6 months and check if I'm in need to take any kind of vitamins - The only thing that I usually take every couple of month is Vitamin D.

Lemily
on 4/27/16 9:21 am
VSG on 01/16/14

To me (and im not a nutritionist) it doesn't seem like you are getting enough protein in. eating too little also won't help. Something important that I have noticed with being 10 pounds up since my "bottom". The weight the second time around comes off much slower. I think during our initial phase everything just came off and the last few pounds took the most. You (not you personally I just mean in general) need to now work harder to get that little bit off, from what I have experienced.

Are you still having issues eating and keeping stuff down?

FYI - on supplements Im with you. If blood results say Im fine and doctor doesn't tell me to specifically be on them, then I think im ok :)

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 4/27/16 10:36 am
RNY on 08/05/19

You may think you're fine, but the ASMBS says otherwise.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Lemily
on 4/27/16 10:42 am
VSG on 01/16/14

That link doesn't work. I see my doctor every 6 months. From day 1, I have had zero issues and can eat a variety of foods that provides me the essentials that I need. I take nothing more than a regular multivitamin. I will stick with the medical opinion of my surgeon versus a link. I appreciate the guidance though.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 4/27/16 10:48 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Hmm, odd that the link doesn't work. Here's a version that should work.

The info in the link is from the American Society of Metabolic Surgeons. Pretty sound medical opinion if you ask me.

Good luck.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Most Active