3 days post op. So far so good.

Stacey_C
on 4/28/16 6:17 am
VSG on 04/25/16

so far everything seems to be going as well as I could have hoped it would.  I am sore of course but that's getting a little better each day.  No problems with nausea thank goodness.  Only a couple incidents where I burped 3-4 times in a row and it felt like my stomach was going to start heaving.  Thankfully phenergan calmed that feeling down.  I've been sipping and walking and sleepin.  There is quite a lot of gas still rumbling around inside that hasn't worked its way out but so far it is just noisy and not painful. Gonna start cutting some doses of pain meds out today and see how I tolerate that.  Today is also the day I am supposed to start adding in vitamins so hoping they go down easy and don't cause any problems.  Glad to be on this side of the fence and see what happens here.

Pookie01
on 4/28/16 9:56 am

It sounds like you are progressing.   I am two weeks post and it is neat to see some of the changes. 

Judy  5'5"  HW 298  SW 270

seabexlose
on 4/28/16 1:22 pm
VSG on 04/12/16 with

Sounds like you're off to a great start!  I felt a lot more human after I cut the pain meds.

MichiganChris
on 4/28/16 2:45 pm
VSG on 04/25/16

Hi Stacey! I had my surgery the same day as you. I feel all the rumblings inside me as well. I would be interested in comparing our experiences if you would be interested in that. 

Stacey_C
on 4/28/16 3:31 pm
VSG on 04/25/16

I'm Sure. Happy to do a comparison. 

MichiganChris
on 4/30/16 7:11 am
VSG on 04/25/16

How are you doing with getting all your clear liquids in? The protein drinks are NASTY! They taste just as bad as when I used to drink them. How much clear liquid are you recommended to get in?

Most Active